I wish that I had this test equipment available to test all benchrest scopes.

This shows the difference in disciplines in that they thought the scope passed with excellent results because the point of aim only shifted 0.1 MOA after the fire test. That is an instant .100 added on to our group size and completely unacceptable. But, I agree with Boyd that it would be really interesting in putting some of our scopes through this test.

Nothing will test a scope like a real rifle's blast and recoil.

All of that data garnered in this test aside from a scopes ability to hold point of impact is useless in a short range Benchrest Scope.

That guy said "one tenth inch at 100 yards" like he as proud of that. That's the difference between a .200 Agg and a .300 Agg.

I have no idea whether this equipment would be up to the task of making the fine distinctions necessary to evaluating short range benchrest scopes...but then IMO, neither do any of you. We have too little information. Having said that, I think that it would be interesting to find out more about this system, and what it is capable of, which is why I posted the link. I had not seen it before. It is something new to me. Were any of you aware of it? Perhaps I will hear form them. I sent an email. I will let you know if I learn anything.

Last edited:
Testing riflescopes

Gentelmen.

I started shooting BR in 1968.
Testing a telescope ment for precision shooting
without the recoil factor is ......at best ...a waste of time.

Magnus Sigurdsson
Reykjavik
ICELAND
39.2 F Sunny and a good day for shooting

Back