I know, I know....

sailor

you get what you pay for and accuracy is not cheap, but is there a PCP rifle one could purchase, add a scope and be able to shoot benchrest competitively? I am just getting going in benchrest rimfire and am well aware of the expenses involved there. It would be great if I could find a PCP gun that was accurate and that I could shoot at my home range and be competitive with at tournaments. Maybe I am just dreaming, but does such a gun exist?

In the 7 FPE class, any of the match guns currently offered. In the open class, my first choice would be the USFT, second choice would be a Rapid or an FX. That's off the shelf. Many others could be good but may need some tuning to get them to the point that you would call them "good".

Don's right on with starting in Match class

Almost any of the better named 10m Match rifles will be competitive right out of the box. Try a few different pellet sizes and brands to see which ones it like best and then you are ready to go.

I'm shooting an older Anz that I bought years ago for about $800.00 and see no need to replace it.

Back