I don't come here much anytmore so I don't know if this will be redundant, but

Pete Wass

I recently got interested in the "Felt Pellet Cleaning system" again so I Googled and got to Brownwlls. The VFG Weaponscare system. There is a video of a lad "Polishing" a new barrel to eliminate a protracted break in procedure. I think this system can and will extend the life of a lot of great barrels and explode a few more myths in the process.

Pete

Last edited:
I recently got interested in the "Felt Pellet Cleaning system" again so I Googled and got to Brownwlls. The VFG Weaponscare system. There is a video of a lad "Polishing" a new barrel to eliminate a protracted break in procedure. I think this system can and will extend the life of a lot of great barrels and explode a few more myths in the process.

Pete

Pete,

I have some, and use them to knock off the sharp edges in the throat of a just-reamed chamber...rather than knocking off those sharp edges via the break-in method. Takes but a minute or two.

Justin

Thanks for the report

Glad I'm not all excited for nothing. I see other possibilities as well.

Pete

I use them on the rimfire barrels to take off the sharp edges after chambering. I like to use a little bit of Flitz polish.
Unlike jacketed bullets, soft lead bullets will take a lot of shots to smooth up the throat area.

Bill Myers showed them to me about 8-10 years ago. He finished his throats with them and I've been doing the same ever since.

We've used them a bit in Australia for a few decades now for rimfire cleaning. They're good.

Do they still call them tampons in one of he European languages on the box?

Being an ignorant single language guy

We've used them a bit in Australia for a few decades now for rimfire cleaning. They're good.

Do they still call them tampons in one of he European languages on the box?

I can't say but there is the word comfort after the cal.22. I must admit, a tampon wouldn't be any comfort to me but I'm sure it is for some.

I am tempted to get a 30 Cal setup as well. They are TIGHT so mebby a .30 would be a bit much to handle?

Pete

By hand and yes for finishing the throat. I use an old scrap piece of cleaning rod. Mine are all marked tampons.

Back