Hunter Class Reticle

SGJennings

I've never shot Hunter Class. I've shot fine cross hair and small dots at group and VFS.

Could you guys expound on the different ideas for Hunter Class?

The Leupold Hunter 6x scope come with a 1/2 minute dot if you choose the dot. The Weaver T6 comes with a 3/8's dot. However, a fine crosshair reticle will work just fine.

virg

My Favorite

of all the 6X scopes I have owned over the years is the Sightron. The optics and reticule in the Sightron HBR scope are, for my taste, the best, that were commercially available, that have been offered, to date. I have three of them and when Sightron blew them out for under $200, I am sorry now I didn't buy a couple more of them. They have a very fine crosshair and, I think, a .375 dot or smaller perhaps.

Along with the Introduction Class Factory.
I have a weaver T6 even with these old eyes its looks really clear

I've never shot Hunter Class. I've shot fine cross hair and small dots at group and VFS. Could you guys expound on the different ideas for Hunter Class?

I've used both cross hairs and dots in several 6X scopes over the years. Hunter Class is a game of holding off. Only on rare occasions will you have a dead center hold....and that usually changes as the day goes on. A plain cross hair reticle makes it a bit easier to 'quarter the pie' when looking at the target, while a dot is quicker to place where you want it if you're shooting fast.

Records have been set and nationals championships won with all types of reticles, including the 2 moa dot that IBS Hunter Champion 'Hammering Hank' Kulhawick used.

For a baseline for a new shooter, I'd suggest a .375 or .500 dot. The Leupold 6X Competition Hunter scopes come with the .500 dot. I've been shooting a new one of those over the past couple of weeks. It seems to track well and the parallax adjusts out nicely.

For what it's worth. -Al

Back