Hood Double Press.

SCOTTY CRAWFORD

Here's a couple of Pic's of the Hood Double press that I'm considering making if there's enough intrest, I have ten that will be availabe in a couple of weeks.
The pics show the press with the optional JLC Die adjustment insert. Let me know if your interested. I will Post an Ad in the classifieds when they are ready.The press will accept two 7/8-14 Dies, The left hand side is for Bullet seating only.

jja26s.jpg

n3t2ra.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a couple of Pic's of the Hood Double press that I'm considering making if there's enough intrest, I have ten that will be availabe in a couple of weeks.
The pics show the press with the optional JLC Die adjustment insert. Let me know if your interested. I will Post an Ad in the classifieds when they are ready.The press will accept two 7/8-14 Dies, The left hand side is for Bullet seating only.

Scotty, thank you for opting to risk making a batch of these "double HOOD's" and, for posting the pics - now, I can't wait for mine to arrive! :eek: :) RG

Press

Scotty,

I am curious if a bullet seater that is not threaded in the left side can be used as we do with an arbor press?

:confused:

Rl

RL,
There's not enough room between the top of the ram and the base of the thread to get a inline seater in there. I make the standard Hood Press that will take care of that. Thanks, Scotty

Scotty, I am interested, how big of a case will fit? if a .308 sized case will fit, I would take one if you still have any? What is the price also? Thanks, Ron Tilley

Last edited:
Ron

Ron,
The standard press that takes the inline seater will take a 308 fine, I think it will be a little tight on this one. The opening from the shell holder to the bottom of the die is 2 5/8". The price is rather pricey but the extra cost of materials and labor will do that. The standard press is$375.00
The standard double press is $475.00
The JLC Insert installed is an extra $100.00Thanks, Scotty

Last edited:
Back