Holton Gun and Bow Club Facility Improvements!

Hey Guys!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Under the direction and stewardship of Bob Scarbrough, Jr., I wanted to share a few improvements Bob has overseen to the Holton Gun and Bow Club. As you may know, Holton is the site of this year's 2018 N.B.R.S.A. Group Nationals, scheduled September 10th thru the 15th. Bob, and his wife Nancy, have both been working extremely hard in preparing the Holton Club grounds for the upcoming Group Nationals.

The old tin roof loading shed, behind the firing line, has been removed. In it's place, Bob had the club remodel and lengthen the current loading pavilion by 40 feet! The remodeled loading pavilion is now 30 X 80 feet. Additionally, Bob also had the Holton club add a concrete floor to the loading pavilion as well. (Please see the attached pictures) I am sure everyone will appreciate the added loading space and... the nice new concrete floor as well!

Bob also reports, he has had the club also upgrade the electrical boxes for better support of everyone's campers electrical needs. Bob also shared he has been applying both grass seed and fertilizer to the range this spring. This will certainly keep mirage well in-check for our matches at Holton going forward this summer...

If you would like to see first-hand the numerous range improvements Bob and the Holton Club have initiated and completed, please plan to attend the following many N.B.R.S.A. Group matches Holton has planned this summer. They are as follows:

June 16th - 17th ~ President's Cup Match
July 7th - 8th ~ Michigan State Championship Match
August 4th - 5th ~ Great Lakes Invitational Match (You're all invited!)
September 1st - 3rd ~ Eastern Region 3-Gun (LV/HV/Unlimited) Championship
September 10th - 15th ~ N.B.R.S.A. Group Nationals

A very big thanks to Bob and the entire Holton membership for investing in further range improvements to ensure everyone has a great experience at the Holton Benchrest matches this year and beyond.

Hope to see you all at the upcoming matches at Holton!

Regards,

Jack Neary

N.B.R.S.A. Eastern Region, Director
Cell: 440-590-5299
jack6ppc@gmail.com

Attachments

• Holton's Expanded Loading Building - Side View.jpg
    Holton's Expanded Loading Building - Side View.jpg
    892.9 KB · Views: 443
  • Holton's Expanded Loading Building - Front View.jpg
    Holton's Expanded Loading Building - Front View.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 452
Holton improvements

Hey Guys!

Bob and Nancy, very good job with regard to the
renovations to the club. Nancy, good job with regard
to running the IBS Nationals last year. Have we included
the hanging of targets across from the target range?

tunermi

Wow

Great job guy's, I'm sure that a lot of people will appreciate the new loading barn. Also a plus 1 on the grass seed and fertilizer, hope you had lots of rain to go with. I plan on shooting the Eastern Regional and the National event, see you then.

Dan Honert

Thanks Jack for the update. I’m certainly looking forward to shooting there again. Great place to shoot, sounds like it’s better now. Thanks, Bob and Nancy for all your work and all the rest who helped with the work. Much appreciated.

Back