1st Bob Leier 10
2nd Tom Kindig 7
3rd Charlie Sholl 4

Custom Rimfire

1st Matt Mceachran 6
2nd Tom Kindig 5
3rd Bob Leier 5

See ya next month guys.

KBS, is there any hope of getting ARA back at your club? I shot there in 2019 and would gladly return. I am from Illinois, but have several friends in Indiana that would love to see that happen again at the club as well. Nice facilities and a challenging range.

Scott

There are not any shooters in our club that shoot ARA. No Match Directors to handle that. All our directors handle at least 2 matches already. However, ABRA matches are meant to replace ARA. Check out hillsdalerifleclub.com and click on events and read the rules. We get guys from southern Ohio and Kentucky shooting this match. Let me know what you think.

There are not any shooters in our club that shoot ARA. No Match Directors to handle that. All our directors handle at least 2 matches already. However, ABRA matches are meant to replace ARA. Check out hillsdalerifleclub.com and click on events and read the rules. We get guys from southern Ohio and Kentucky shooting this match. Let me know what you think.

Well, here's what I think. You had an average of 10 shooters per match in 2019. Several were from Michigan. For some reason the ARA site does not show September and October, but I was there in October 2019 when the club hosted the state tournament and we had enough shooters we went relays. Also, the matches were scheduled the day after Edwardsburg and made doing a weekend trip viable for out of state shooters. The club had good participation from Indiana shooters all season long. I know Mitch ran the ARA and ABRA matches then. You found someone to run ABRA, thought it would be nice if you found someone to run ARA. You would get participation, which equals revenue for the club. Many of my friends in Indiana still mourn the lose of Hillsdale, as I am sure some from Michigan as well.
Another point would be the addition of the ARA Factory class. There are a lot of clubs that are getting more participation since it's introduction in 2020.

Regards,
Scott

Last edited:
Back