Hi from NJ

A

ah141nj

Hello All,

Been an avid reader of the Forum, didnt realize I never registered.
So I am officially a registered user.

Basicaly new to rifles, been a handgun guy for sometime.
I have been learning rifle... shooting my Colt Match Target Competition HBAR from a bench at 100 yds.
Reloading for it as well. Still doing load development's with various bullet & powder combinations to find my "pet loads"

Eventually when I feel I can be competive, want to participate in competion shooting with my Colt and a future 6mm.

I hope you dont mind my future questions.:confused:

Questions are how we..............

learn. Like a friend told me once, "Don't ever be afraid to ask a 'dumb question'", its easier to handle a dumb question, than a dumb action." If you've been lurking for awhile, you know the ropes, so, welcome aboard, you'll have a good time. :)

Central Jersey Winter League

Good Afternoon Sir,

Just to inform you they have a winter league non registered match that they shoot 100 yards the first Sunday of the month and 200 yards the second Sunday of the month. There are still 4 matches for you to attend, Feb. 7th and 14th then March 7th and the 14th. For more info either call Dana Mattern @ 732-286-3649 or email dmattern48@comcast.net They do a group shot and then for a little extra fun everyone puts in a dollar or two for a score shoot and the winner takes all. Enjoy and have a Great Day.
Russell

ah14
As Russell says above, Central Jersey is a great place to shoot benchrest.
The matches are open to non-members, so all you've gotta do is show up.
Great bunch of guys too.
Hope to see you there this Sunday.
pm me if you have any questions about the club.
paul

Last edited:
Good Afternoon Sir,

Just to inform you they have a winter league non registered match that they shoot 100 yards the first Sunday of the month and 200 yards the second Sunday of the month. There are still 4 matches for you to attend, Feb. 7th and 14th then March 7th and the 14th. For more info either call Dana Mattern @ 732-286-3649 or email dmattern48@comcast.net They do a group shot and then for a little extra fun everyone puts in a dollar or two for a score shoot and the winner takes all. Enjoy and have a Great Day.
Russell

Sir? That makes me feel so OLD & its so formal. :eek:
Al, ah or ah141nj looks so much better.

Thanks for the heads up

Dont know if I would be ready for competition yet, wouldnt know what bullet to use.

Central Jersey? Is that the range in in Princeton Junction or further south?
It might interesting as a spectator.

Shooting is Fun

Hello Al,

The range is down in Jackson, NJ. down by Great Adventure. Come on down and have a little fun. Win, loss or draw we are all winners. Hope you can make it.
Russell

ah141nj,
You are welcome to come this Sunday. We start shooting at 10am but get there about 8:30-9:00am. So I can go over the safety rules with you. We don't always have a score match. The entry fee is $10. We have coffee, danish, etc and sometimes hot dogs. We are usually done by 2pm. Go to
cjrpc.com for directions.
Just hope we don't get snowed in this weekend.
Dana

Hello Al,

The range is down in Jackson, NJ. down by Great Adventure. Come on down and have a little fun. Win, loss or draw we are all winners. Hope you can make it.
Russell

Hi Russel,

You travel from upstate NY for these matches?
Thats a little hike.
I am very tempted to come this sunday?

Any advice / suggestions?
What to bring (other than my rifle,eyes & ears)?
What kind of ammo is suggested?
Do I need to supply targets?
Course of fire?

Sunday's Match

Al,

I have already made plans on going to shoot up in Canastota N.Y. this weekend as long as the weather co-operates. As far as what to bring, bring whatever you feel will shoot the best for you and what ever saftey gear you require & wind flags if you have some, if not you can share with the others. You can also bring what ever snacks you like and or would like to share, but just watch out for that Dana guy with the snacks. These are a GREAT bunch of guys and I am sure you will have a great time. Don't be affraid to ask questions, Bob White has many years of knowledge and if your lucky the World Famous Harley (Booble Head) Baker my attend. Tell everyone I said hello and have a great time.
Russell

Newbie from San Diego

Whats up everyone, just joined the site. It really looks like there is a wealth of knowledge here.

Back