Henry Buhrman first to go perfect at St Thomas

T

tricrown

After 5 years and many thousands of attempts by benchrest shooters, Henry Buhrman today became the first to go perfect at a St. Thomas Groundhog Shoot. Henry was one of less than a handful of shooters to come within one shot of the feat previously and one of only 2 shooters to get that close multiple times.

Today’s conditions were ripe for him and his 30BR, with little to no breeze, clouds, and a somewhat shifty mirage. And Henry knows how to read mirage. 8 or 9 guns were perfect on the .8” 10 ring after 200 yards. But only Henry was able to catch all the shifts and light changes and stay perfect after 300 yards. By the time the 400 yard scores were counted he had finished 6 points up on the second place score.

There were 24 guns present. Which is right around average for the Tuesday Shoots. The bad news is there was no $300 reward put up for the feat like last year. But good old George Rill rewarded him with one of those silver coins that he always keeps on hand for just such occasions.

New Barrel...

...Henry has now shot his new 1.250" straight taper Krieger 1-18" barrel in 4 matches, and has won $182.00 with it! He kinda likes the barrel!...and I kinda sorta understand why!

I was going to come to the shoot. Did not get to the range on Monday to zero the scope I bought from Mr Sheriff at Hopewell. (Yes I got thumped there also LOL). Good going. That is a pretty awesome feat that is a tough range. Upset I missed that one. Hopfully there this tuesday. You guys will be putting up with me all through Sept and Oct.

Back