Help with a Bipod is it possible

newbie8675309

1st ever post so her goes. So I know this is a weird idea/ question but I have a Savage 12 Benchrest. I know not the best rifle but good enough for me right now just starting out. I have a decent front rest beginner stuff etc.... I would like to know how or even if I could add a bipod to the stock. This would be for purley enjoyment shooting prone. There are no studs or holes under the stock so I wanted to come here and ask what you guys who have dealt with similar rifles would or have done.

I would look into the ARCA universal dovetail rail.When the bipod is off. You can still use a bag. Area 419 makes a ARCA lock which has notches in the dovetail. That locks the bipod in place instead of friction. Either one is Rock solid. Would have to modify your stock. Then your bipod would have the ARCA clamp for the bipod

MUCH TOO COMPLICATED AND EXSPENSIVE. do it yourself or have a gunsmith add a threaded insert to match a front sling stud. a harris bipod clamps to the sling stud. remove the stud and bipod when not in use

I would look into the ARCA universal dovetail rail.When the bipod is off. You can still use a bag. Area 419 makes a ARCA lock which has notches in the dovetail. That locks the bipod in place instead of friction. Either one is Rock solid. Would have to modify your stock. Then your bipod would have the ARCA clamp for the bipod
Good info I'm checking it out thanks

Back