Help!!! Any one know what a 6mm Scott is

W

wbales

Help !!! I have just unwrapped a really nice custom built rifle built on a Mauser Action and the Barrel is stamped 6mm Scott Yes I know that some guys liked the idea of seeing their name on what they felt was the ideal tweaked cartridge but not being much of a rifle person my self I don't know where to start. The rifle was given to me by a friend 35 years ago in the Dayton Ohio area. How do I go about finding what will fit this gun. Thanking anyone in advance that might set me straight. I am now retired and finally have time to use it.

dwight scott

This may be of some help, maybe not. You said the rifle was from ohio, well maybe give this guy a call he might help. Hes a custom gunsmith and benchrester.

Dwight Scott

9244 South Clinton
Eaton Rapids, MI 48827

(517)663-1750

6mm Scott

Maybe this will help. Whenever I order a reamer of a standard caliber, but change the dimensions to some degree, the reamer grinder will label it as the standard designation plus my name after it to denote its not standard dimensions. Maybe it is a 6mm Rem with possibly a fitted neck or tighter body dimensions or something like that. The gunsmith might have liked the idea and just stamped the barrel that way. If I cut a chamber that requires neck turning, I always include the chamber neck info on my barrel markings. Easier to understand.

6mm REM
.268 NK

back in the 70's and early to mid 80's there was a dude by the name of Charlie Scott who shot 6mm/243's in competition at the old St. Louis Benchrest Rifle Club. I recall his name being brought up in conversation around the club. I think he was unique, in that he was one of the few "Hunter Class", competitors to shoot a 6mm as most shot .30cal. I would think being HC it would of been something liike a 243 or a varient of such that meet case capacity requirements of HC.

Back