Harry "the Torch" Rowold burns it up at Oak Hills, 2 potential world records

jlcprec

Harry "the Torch" Rowold burns it up at Oak Hills, 2 potential world records

In the unlimited class at Oak Hills today, Harry shot a .1212 range measured 100 yard agg. He followed that up with a .1530 agg. at 200. That makes his grand agg. a .1371, with the current listed world record grand agg. at .1496.

It was the kinds of conditions a br shooter dreams about at 100 yards to start the day. At 200, the conditions were very good at times, but it was no trigger pull. A great day for the last match of the season.

100 yard groups:

I don't know the 200 yard groups, but I remember he finished up with 3 small .2xx's.

JIm Carstensen

Congratulations Harry

This is some fantastic shooting. Congratulations! Did Harry shoot his own BT bullets with 8208? James

This is scarey

I think a lot of us are behind the curve on Unlimited. Some of the 10 shot aggs that are being shot as of late are really spooky. Heck, I don't give a darned what the conditions are, if you and your Rifle are capable of shooting 50 record shots at that level of precision, the rest ofus have some serious catching up to do. Looks like a longf Winter of testing.

That is truly some great shooting........jackie

In the unlimited class at Oak Hills today, Harry shot a .1212 range measured 100 yard agg. He followed that up with a .1530 agg. at 200. That makes his grand agg. a .1371, with the current listed world record grand agg. at .1496.

It was the kinds of conditions a br shooter dreams about at 100 yards to start the day. At 200, the conditions were very good at times, but it was no trigger pull. A great day for the last match of the season.

100 yard groups:

I don't know the 200 yard groups, but I remember he finished up with 3 small .2xx's.

JIm Carstensen

200 yard results were .462, .347, .279, .229, .213

"Harry the torch".....

"Harry the "torch"... I couldn't be happier for you! That wasn't just a good job, that was a GREAT JOB! (Sure glad we weren't betting!) You ARE ready for the Nationals in Phoenix next week... "It's your time".
Ron

100 yard groups:

JIm Carstensen

Harry (Torch) Did it the old fashioned way, he earned it!!!! No turner, no march scope, no gadgets, trinkets, bells or whistles. Just the old Black Beauty (rail Gun) that Bart traded to Harry some time ago and his own special bullets.
Harry should increase his fire insurance because he really is hot this year.
DOC

Back