Harrison Score Results

M

mikesshop

It was a perfect day for benchrest shooting at the Harrison Sportsmans Club. A sunny sky and 76 degrees with a light breeze greeted our largest group of shooters in over a year. Twelve of our 22 competitors shot 250's.
When the day was done the following shooters were on top;

Factory Class;

1; Jim Guinn Gladwin 245 - 5x
2; Larry Feusse Mt. Plesant 241- 4x
3; Chuck Deardorf Gladwin 227-3x

Custom Class;

1; Lynn Pillsbury 247-12x
2; Mitch Tannehill 240-7x
3; Mark Spencer 232-6x

VFS;

1; Larry Feusse 250-24x
2; Ron Breedlove Oil City 250-20x
3; Al Walewski Saginaw 250-20x

Congratulations to all of our shooters on a very close match in all the classes. We also had several new shooters that fired there first centerfire benchrest match. This has been an encouraging trend at Harrison that we are proud of. A great time was had by all.

Mike

Harrison Sportsmans Club

What a Hoot!!!

I had fun!! An those tuners really work. First target was bad. Turned my Harmonic Tuner 90 degrees... Boom! It all came together. :)

It really was a nice day...

Perhaps we can get Al to put all the scores here as an attachment. It's more fun to find out everybody that shot and see all the scores. Besides, we ain't got nothin' to hide.

It should be noted that a 72 year old gimp beat most of the VFS shooters, including some pretty heavy hitters, and did so with a .22 shooting 30+ year old bullets (Remington) and 18 year old powder. (1991 - AA2015) The bullets were moly coated.;)

Dick

Last edited:
Ask And Ye

Shall recieve Dick:D

The full results are in the attachment.

Attachments

• June 13 Score Match.pdf
    8.6 KB · Views: 260
Say, I took a look at

my targets and I shot a total of 238-7x. first target was a 42-0x, second 49-1x, third 49-1x, fourth 49-2x, fifth 49-3x.

Mark D. Spencer

Last edited:
Creedmore Question

For all these years, Alice, I thought there was only one Creedmore but into the looking glass we go. Looking at dated source material so maybe this has been changed but looking at the IBS Official Rules 1996 and NBRSA 2002 it looks like you must have used the NBRSA rules as under IBS rules third and second place would be reversed.

For second there was a three way tie in the agregate and IBS says ..."To break the tie in range aggregate , go to the first match and break the tie by score, then by score plus 'X' count. If the tie still exists go to match2, match 3 ...and match 5. If the tie is still not broken use the "Miss and Out" system starting with bull number 1 on match 1 and proceed until the tie is broken."

NBRSA rules merely state " In case of range aggregate scores a tie will be broken by reverting to the first record match of that aggregate and progressing from the first record bull until a miss and out situation 1 of the shooters."

This could be even murkier if the person shooting three X's missed on the fourth bull and the two shooting 4 X's missed on the third bull or first or second bulls would the one shooting the lowest score on the first match win since all three have the same aggregate 250/20X ?

Since this is not a sanctioned shoot guess you can use either rule although it was a IBS Target. Since this could occur in a "Michigan 2009 Score Challenge" what rule are you using? ;) Cheers.

Perhaps we can get Al to put all the scores here as an attachment. It's more fun to find out everybody that shot and see all the scores. Besides, we ain't got nothin' to hide.

It should be noted that a 72 year old gimp beat most of the VFS shooters, including some pretty heavy hitters, and did so with a .22 shooting 30+ year old bullets (Remington) and 18 year old powder. (1991 - AA2015) The bullets were moly coated.;)

Dick
Dick, before he up and tries it AGAIN :)eek:) somebody should tell him [the 72 year old gimp], "THAT'LL NEVER WORK!" :eek: ;)
Hey, Larry, nice shootin'! :)RG

Randy,

They've been telling me for years that moly doesn't work and that you can't win nothing with a .22. During that period of time two Super Shoots have been won with moly bullets and two Super Shoots have been won with a .22 PPC .100" Short.

Go figure.;)

Dick

Pics of the shoot

Lots of people...

563854086_kH8w4-M.jpg

563855289_ctezj-M.jpg

Mark...

Nice pictures.

I see that Russ Haydon is advertising that Tom Dunrud rubber bag stabilizer that I let you use for $19.95.

Dick

Kodak Moment

Those were great photos Mark. Thanks for sharing...

Mike
Harrison, Michigan

Back