Harrison Results...

Dick Wright

We had a larger than expected turnout for our last match of the season. Results as follows...

BENCHREST RIFLES

Mike Worthington......... 500-42X WINNER
Bob Hoard................... 500-38X
Dick Wright................. 500-29X
Tim Longcore.............. 499-37X
Jim Hutchison.............. 499-33X

FACTORY RIFLES

Glenn Bechtel............... 496-28X WINNER
Randy Case.................. 496-13X
Harold Bobo.................. 488-18X
Kurt Krug..................... 486-16X
David Bradbury.............. 478-12X
Steve Robbins............... 458-15X
Bill Stiverson................. 454-9X

The day started sunny and COLD. We built a wood fire in trap house which is next to the rimfire range and moved our registration, scoring, coffee and donuts inside where it was nice and warm.

Mike Worthington broke our existing range record (500-37X) big time with his 42X count. Bob Hoard also bettered the record for second place.

Noteworthy was the performance of the Ruger 10-22's which took both first and second places in Factory Class. I've always been amazed at how well these guns shoot.

It turned out to be a nice October day and it ended at our normal place, McFarland's Tavern in Harrison for food and refreshments.

This was the last match ever in which I will participate in the running thereof. It's autumn (in more ways than one) and Michigan is very beautiful right now. It is time to turn one's attention to color tours in the sports car and the pursuit of the mighty buck. My first benchrest match was early in 1977. That's a long time ago.

Dick Wright

Good Job

Congratulations to all the shooters that participated in saturdays shoot. It was a beautiful fall day and a fine turnout of some very good shooters.
I would like to thank Dick for his dedicated years to the Benchrest game at Harrison. He has certainly done an excellent job. Al and I will have our work cut out for us to fill his shoes. We will do our best to keep the level of competition high and it will always be a fun environment.

Thanks Dick

Mike
Harrison, Michigan

My first shoot

This was my first bench rest shoot ever. I will consider myself lucky if subsequent shoots by any club are as well organized as this one. And especially if attended by such friendly, outgoing and worthy competitors.

Thanks for a great shoot.
David Bradbury

Back