Harrison Group Match

M

mikesshop

On saturday May 2nd the Harrison Sportsmans Club will be hosting its first match of the season. It will be a 100 yard group match.
The range will open at 08;00 for registration, coffee and donuts and the match will start promptly at 10;00.
Fees are the same as last year, $12.00 per class and $6.00 for shooters age 16 and under.
We look forward to seeing everyone for the start of the clubs 18th year of participation in Benchrest Shooting.
What did I forget AL ?????

Mike

Looks like

You've got it covered Mike.

We'll run the cash option again for all those who are interested so bring an additional 5 bucks. A maditory saftey meeting will be held AFTER the match at the local pup.:D

Looking at the Holton results- appears Jeff is out for blood this season. I can hear the banter between Brian and Jeff already............................................................

Those Holton results...

are a typo or the result of a large bribe.

Looks like the weather will be O.K.

See you Saturday.

Dick

Fwiw...

to anyone interested in shooting at Harrison... Big Al can email you match schedules for both the Harrison centerfire and rimfire matches that include a GOOD MAP to the range.

Contact Al Walewski at ajwalew@aol.com.

Dick

Morning Gents,
I was just wondering if you have a covered loading area. I have a new POS, you know it is one of those ugly little cartridges called a PPC, to work out the bugs and need to load at the range this time, must admit that I haven’t done this for some 3-4 years so I might need retraining…

Rick

We'll see ya'all on Saturday. I'm getting out of the Factory class to let the new guys take over along with not shooting the Custom class...... yep only one gun this year. I'll also be dragging Brian along, looking forward to seeing the Harrison group.

Jeff Aberegg

Hey Rick

I'd expect the rangehoue over at the pistol range to be open for people who want to load at the match.

See the attachments for the 2009 Centerfire and Rimfire match schedules.

Attachments

• Centerfire Schedule.pdf
    89.9 KB · Views: 133
  • Rimfire Schedule.pdf
    88.9 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Al,
Thanks just needed to know so I don’t have to bring a table for we might not have room. Not sure if Dudley is coming, haven’t heard from him since he got a job but Frank is coming with me. Will you have a trophy for the biggest group for that will be mine for sure; I haven’t shot anything smaller than a .3 yet, well maybe a .290...... maybe it messed it up when I cleaned it with that beach sand. Dunno???

Rick

The Harrison map and schedule . . . ???

Anyone else get this map of Harrison?
It came in BHP format.

Maybe it's just my Macintosh.

Joe Haller

Greekmap.jpg

Loading Area

The building at the trap range will be open for cleaning and loading as in the past. The crew is still putting the finishing touches on the new bathrooms at the range so we still have to hike up the hill to the club house to use those facilities.
I'm going to hang the new backers in the morning on all the ranges so those will be fresh. Sounds like the weather is going to cooperate so all is good.
Look forward to seeing everyone

Mike

Hi Dick . . .

I've been to the Harrison range. Just haven't seen your 2009 schedule yet.

We had a practice session UP here this afternoon. Six of us were at the range. We had two new shooters. The four of us "old timers" helped them get set up, then all four of us went into the squadding building and sat around the fire, shooting the bull. Cold outside: Warm by the fire.

Joe :)

Well.............................................. ..........

That doesn't look good.

The match dates are May 23, June 6 and August 1 Joe. $8.00 entry fee, $2.00 for each additional target (limited to three extra targets). Cash awards, $10 for first place $5.00 for second. Gate opens at 8:00

Harrison Schedules

Joe;

If you e-mail me an address I will send up flyers for both rimfire and centerfire shoots. They will go out the day after I get the address. That goes for anyone that wants flyers.

mmconway@glccomputers.com

Joe,

Make sure that Mike has one of your schedules. He shoots rimfire and has a gun, likes to travel and doesn't shoot well enough to take all your trophies home... the ideal kind of new guy to get.

I've told him many times about the fun Glorya and I have had when we come shoot with you.

Dick

Guilty On All Counts

Ok Dick I have to agree with everything you said about me but you left out the part about I just enjoy shooting...
Joe sent me e-mail addresses for his participants above the Bridge so maybe we can generate a little more competition for Hutch and Gage...

Mike

You are getting mellow in your...

old age. Anyway... me too. I just like to shoot and even to just go to matches.

On the rimfire, Worthington is now retired and wants to shoot. Bob Hoard wants to shoot and might even help with our .22 matches. He has run the Cadillac matches for several years and lives West of town out 61. Mike said he might join our club and help out. If you haven't heard about that let me know and I will get hold of Mike and get contact info for Hoard.

Dick

Mike put me down for the new guy bench.
3 hr. drive and a start time of 10 am. Even if I get lost, I should be able to make it.
Thanks Tim B.

New Guy

Tim;

I am sure Dick will give you the story of how many very good shooters in Michigan got there start at Harrison. It is a great place to get started and everyone is ready to help a new shooter. Don't be shy about asking questions.

Mike

Hi Mike,
So we get another Dick Wright story. Can't wait.
Should I get up an hour early? To get to the range an hour early???:)
Warning Mike. I am not shy. I have tons of questions.
Did you say something about donuts???

Back