Forster co ax press

Cruschem

I all, new user here as far as posting. I've always just read and tried to soak in the immense amount of knowledge that you all have.

I recently found a bonanza single stage reloading (now Forster co ax) in a box in the garage before my grandmother's estate sale. My dad says my grandfather used to use it in the 70's. It still has the bonanza name cast right into it so it must be old. Not sure when they merged with Forster.

Anyway, it's missing the handle and the steel guide rods need cleaned up a little but overall it seems to be in good shape.

It's slightly different then the current co ax presses as the primer seater on the newer ones are adjustable and on this one you have to insert a shell holder to utilize the primer function.

I've been looking around and some swear it's a first class press others seem to not like it. I dont know a ton about it and have only used a rcbs press my father passed down to me.

Is it worth putting the time into it, cleaning it up and getting a handle? Thoughts, views, and opions?

Attachments

• 20181216_111609.jpg
    20181216_111609.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 247
  • 20181216_111527.jpg
    20181216_111527.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 311
Btw , your Co-Ax appears to be missing its primer catcher. It’s a small jar with a tube through the lid. You need to look for it or get one from Forster. It’s the nicest primer catch system of any press.

Btw , your Co-Ax appears to be missing its primer catcher. It’s a small jar with a tube through the lid. You need to look for it or get one from Forster. It’s the nicest primer catch system of any press.

Yeah I knowticed that earlier today while looking around for info online. I've looked on their website but dont see it listed. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if I can't get my hands on one. I got the handle ordered.

I appreciate everyones opinion. The more I look around and hear the happier I am that I found this.

I have a Forster and a Bonanza - great presses. I see you already ordered a handle - I really like the roller handles from Inline Fabrication. https://inlinefabrication.com/collections/forster-co-ax

The handle on the Bonanza won't clear tall (micrometer head) dies and the handle attaches with a roll-pin rather than the set screw the Forster uses (but it's easy enough to drill and tap and make it a set screw).

GsT

I have a Forster and a Bonanza - great presses. I see you already ordered a handle - I really like the roller handles from Inline Fabrication. https://inlinefabrication.com/collections/forster-co-ax

The handle on the Bonanza won't clear tall (micrometer head) dies and the handle attaches with a roll-pin rather than the set screw the Forster uses (but it's easy enough to drill and tap and make it a set screw).

GsT

Yes this is the one that I ordered. I figured the roller handle would easier on the hands. We will see how it works out. I'll see what I need to do when it gets here. Tapping will be no issue if need be.

I dont have any tall dies, maybe in the future this could be a issue but for the time being it should work out allright. I've never messed with anything that fancy as far as reloading goes. Maybe in the future when I get brave I'll dive into that world, for now I'll use the kiss theory haha

Back