Forster (Bonanza) Bench Rest seater dies.

Hey Fellas
Recently I found a PDF link from Forster about stem adjustment for bullet depth for thier chamber sleeve seaters. It's pretty spot on, but wasn't paying attention to the amount of turns I did. I had a dial indicator on the top of the stem before I found the link. I remember reading about stem thread pitch in old beginners reloading book, many moons ago so it got me thinking, and found the PDF a few hours ago. Let me know your thoughts ?

I stepped up to Redding micro add on VLD stems for standard seaters. They are hardened according to a tech from Redding and the Forsters stems are not. I lapped the Forester with ease for the SST's. I also have ELD-X that fit well in the Redding stem.

in spite of the name, i know no one using them in benchrest competition. i have a couple. there are better dies.

in spite of the name, i know no one using them in benchrest competition. i have a couple. there are better dies.
well I was a little disappointed when I peered inside the sleeve (which Forester sent me recently) to see a rough unfinished shoulder, but the bullet guide is good, and the dimensions in the sleeve are good so I suppose the shoulder isn't that critical. Benchrest guns aren't my thing.

Back