Flag colors????

Vern

Morethan1waytoskinacat
Some colors are easier to see than others.
I know that most people shoot orange and green but I seem to be having a little trouble with the orange at 200 yards. I thought maybe it was flag placement, but that changed the last match and I could see the flag better.

So either I need to consider a different color for the orange or just a bigger old man style flag, though the 200 yard flag I have been looking at is bigger.

I am about to make a set of flags and I need to choose the colors.

I saw another shooter shooting blue and yellow last match. I dont think the blue will work for me but maybe if it was neon blue who knows.

What advice do you have.

Vern, I have a similar problem. After experimenting with several color combinations, I found the easiest one for me to see is; White on one side and yellow on the other side. I also put a black circle on the white side and a blue circle on the yellow side. The circles are about five inches in diameter and help me to determine if the flag is perpendicular or at an angle.

If you send me an e-mail at (conrich at dialmaine.com), at =@, I can send you a couple pictures. I don't know how to do it on this site.

Dick

Hello Francis long time no hear.
How have you been.

As to background color mostly green in the darker shades.
However I didnt see the range last year but if it was like every where else down here it was brown.

The neon green still seems to work good, maybe even more visible for me than the neon orange.
Was thinking about maybe yellow instead of orange but I know that colors appear lighter the further away they are so I am a little concerned about the yellow and I had not thought to look for yellow at the range to see how it was.
I know that someone had med plain blue and that didnt work to good for me from the 1-200 area.

Back