15. Chris Harris .2936
16. Lee Hachigian .2937
17. Don Powell .2939
18. Wade Hull .2940
19. Wyatt Peinhardt .2953
20. Gary Sullivan .2962
21T. Danny Pritt .2964
21T. Dean Ekstrom .2964

Well, it has a pulse anyway. I wouldn't say it's alive in the sense of alive and well! This is the biggest shoot of the year anywhere and there were probably less than 150 shooters. By comparison, we just had a rimfire fun shoot match at my local range that had over 200 people in attendance. And they were complaining that a lot of folks didn't show up because of the weather.:rolleyes:

Anyhow, it was good to see Bill Goad was there. He was the guy that planted the benchrest stupidity seed in me. It's all his fault.....:p;)

We are just finishing the Triple Crown, IR 50/50, PSL and ARA at the Kettlefoot range. I drove I from the Super Shoot last night to see some of this spectacle. Shooters as far away as New Zealand and England. This is touted as being the largest sanctioned rimfire benchrest shoot ever....but the 2015 Super Shoot had about 280 shooters this year. The largest Super Shoot ever (IIRC about 2004) we had over 400 shooters. Seven Relays. It was also the last registered Super Shoot....and we had to weigh rifles!!

The principal reason for the low attendance this years Super Shoot , 5 relays where we normally have 6, is the World Team and the NBRSA Nationals will be on consecutive weeks at St Louis so many of the international shooters, some from Russia, will only be able to make one trip.

We are just finishing the Triple Crown, IR 50/50, PSL and ARA at the Kettlefoot range. I drove I from the Super Shoot last night to see some of this spectacle. Shooters as far away as New Zealand and England. This is touted as being the largest sanctioned rimfire benchrest shoot ever....but the 2015 Super Shoot had about 280 shooters this year. The largest Super Shoot ever (IIRC about 2004) we had over 400 shooters. Seven Relays. It was also the last registered Super Shoot....and we had to weigh rifles!!

The principal reason for the low attendance this years Super Shoot , 5 relays where we normally have 6, is the World Team and the NBRSA Nationals will be on consecutive weeks at St Louis so many of the international shooters, some from Russia, will only be able to make one trip.

That makes sense. I know several folks out this way who didn't go this year for various reasons.

Still, we scratch and pull to get 33 shooters at our benchrest matches. Then you see 200+ guys show up for a .22 match that's just a fun shoot and it makes me wonder if BR is really doing all that well. Seems new shooters go anywhere other than the BR discipline.:confused:

Hey, by the way, since the SS isn't a registered match anymore, I'm guessing that they don't ask the status of your NBRSA or IBS membership do they?;):D

Summers

Hey Bill, you did great. Proud of you and especially proud of Larry Costa for winning and my buddy Jeff Summers for a top 5 finish.

Jerry , all I can say is "The Force " was w/you,,, that being (Jef Summers) I know he was w/you,, I saw him in your camper.

Full results are posted at the top. Didn't think that nobody would realize it or I would have posted otherwise.

Anyways...look at the "sticky" thread at the top for the complete results.

Back