First SE shoot after SS... TN State Chmpnshp @ Unaka

It's gettin' close to that time again. Time for the TN State Championship at the Unaka Rod and Gun Club in Johnson City, TN on June 12 and 13. As has seemed to become habit in the great metropolis of Johnson City, there is a convention going on in JC that has every good hotel (as well as many bad ones) booked for that weekend. But not to fret, as I have made arrangements with the "Americourt Hotel" in Elizabethton for us some rooms. For those who came to last years Regionals I promise this IS NOT the same hotel I put you in last year. I am still apologizing to people over that (it was race weekend, had to get what I could). :D This hotel is right beside the Lone Star in Elizabethton, so good eating is close, and it's not too far from the range. And if this one is not better than the last hotel, y'all can string me up. It's not the Ritz but it looked MUCH better. When calling, please inform the front desk that your reservation is for the "Unaka Gun Club". The rate should be $59.99. So if ya need hotel accomodations here ya go:

Americourt Hotel
1515 Hwy 19 E Bypass
Elizabethton, TN 37643

423-542-4466

If ya have any other questions about the match, just hit me up at

mk6ppc@yahoo.com

Matthew S Keller

Mickey and I are planning to head over on Thursday morning. Will lunch be available at the range at this match?

Mattheww, when will the gate be open for Homesteaders, Vagrants, Interlopers, Benchrest Shooters campers and other riffraff??

The range will be open after 6pm on Wednesday for the benchrest shooters. As far as food goes, I currently have no idea. Me and Papaw discussed it today, and right now we have no volunteers to make food, we have a volunteer to serve but not make, sooooooooo.... we're working on it, that's all I can say as of this moment. Also, for those who would like a chain hotel (aka a better known commodity) you can try Kingsport for rooms. It would be about 20 miles from the range, but they should have hotels there. There is a Best Western, Comfort Inn, La Quinta Inn, and Sleep Inn in Kingsport that should have rooms available. Hope this helps and hit me with anymore questions you would have.

Matthew S Keller

Matthew,
Could you post directions (i.e. which exit to get to the range). I'm riding with Randy Mitchell and his GPS doesn't have the range address stored. As long as I know which exit I can find the range.

I might be there Mat. Not sure yet. Dont have any bullets to shoot!!!!

JD Stop by the house on the way to Jonson City and I'll loan you some GOOD bullets

JD you are gonna have to find another excuse cause I got bullets that you can shoot that were made by YOU! :D And don't go throwin' none of this boat-tail stuff at me either! ;) I got a bunch of Double "O" flat base with your name on 'em..... literally.

Matthew S Keller

But in all seriousness, I hope ya make it buddy. Things might be too peaceful if you aren't there. :D

Anyone have the address or necessary info for GPS to Unaka.

Thanks

WC
I can give you "old timey" directions. Unaka isn't on a GPS!!

you will be on I-81 when you cross into Tennessee. Go about 20 miles
South on I-81 and exit
onto I-26 East to Johnson City (Exit 57).

Go about 16 miles and take Exit 23 (Old exit 32) (Main St-Market St). At
foot of ramp, go straight across Market St (about 100 feet straight
ahead to Main St).

Take a left on this street (Main St). At the next light take a LEFT
(still on Main St). Go straight ahead at the next light (about 3/4
mile). (This cross street is South Broadway).

Continue straight ahead to the top of the hill. Take a LEFT on Hilltop
St (BE VERY CAREFUL HERE-the visibility from the opposite direction is
about 50 feet).

Continue on Hilltop to Unaka sign (this is Furnace Road),
anyhow, take a right, then bear left into the club road.>
>

Sorry I am late to the party, hecktic schedualing going on.
Things are looking very good so far, we just finished rebuilding the target frames and getting everything in check for the shoot.
Food:
Looks like we will be getting Pizza's for lunch on Saturday. For Sunday Norman had mentioned something about getting BBQ.

I won't see you guys until Sunday Morning, Be safe coming in.

Chris

Sorry I am late to the party, hecktic schedualing going on.
Things are looking very good so far, we just finished rebuilding the target frames and getting everything in check for the shoot.
I won't see you guys until Sunday Morning, Be safe coming in.

Chris

Chris, the new 100 yard frames are much better. I can set up now without 2 Skip Otto donuts!!

What, no home made pototo salad?? WWWAAAAAA!!!

Back