firing pin spring

scasa

I'm in need of a firing pin spring for an bolt action project. I'm sure there is a common spring out there but I cant find the specs on things like rem 700 spring . I need one that is about 4.0 in long .375 od .53 dia wire, 30 coils and allows a .250 rod inside with a little play. Does anyone have an idea what this might fit or what such a spring might come out of .

Thanks Les

ops

As Dans40X pointed out that should be .053 wire. I looked at wolf springs but it looks like you have to know which gun you want it for.

As Dans40X pointed out that should be .053 wire. I looked at wolf springs but it looks like you have to know which gun you want it for.

What length Action?
Seems like it would be a Remington Model 7 length or a BAT SV length action?
One key piece you have left out is installed or cocked length/height. Around 2.2”?

FYI, The old BAT Action pins were 0.25 diameter now they are Remington size 0.28 diameter.

I would call the guys at BAT Actions and ask what the spring is in the BAT SV action with a 0.25 pin.

Or as Dans40x has suggested call Wolff Springs

******Do not just find any general spring or you will be disappointed

Cheers
Michael

spring

I called BAT today and they were most helpful in getting me fixed up with a spring. It's on the way . Thanks for the replies

Cutting A Firing Pin Spring

I need to replace a FP Spring, but the one in have is 3.235 inches long. I need to cut it down to 1.4 inches, What is the best method of cutting this type of spring?

Back