Felso Composites Inc.

cayennejon

Has any one here had any dealings with Felso Composites in Ottawa, Ontario? One of the stocks they are producing is the former Robertson Composites JTR benchrest stock. I have several of the Robertson BRX stocks and I'm interested in their JTRBR stock.

Thanks,

Jon

I built several benchrest rifles on the Robertson Composites stocks. I'm glad to see they are being made again. I hope they are making a lighter weight stock than the JTRBR stock. The weight they are showing on their web site would sure make it hard to build a 10.5 pound rifle with current popular actions, scopes and barrel weights.

I built several benchrest rifles on the Robertson Composites stocks. I'm glad to see they are being made again. I hope they are making a lighter weight stock than the JTRBR stock. The weight they are showing on their web site would sure make it hard to build a 10.5 pound rifle with current popular actions, scopes and barrel weights.

Agreed Mike. They need a 22 ounce stock in their inventory.

Take a look at our KLP carbon fiber/Fiberglass stock ( based on Scoville Scarbrough design), very similar design and weight is 26 ounces and mold in colors available. We mold in action when making stock completely for Kelbly actions. For other action makers actions we do just the diameter when molding in, with customer having to cut port and bolt handles in. Retail price is 600.00 and about two month delivery. It is our best selling short range BR stock. I use a Panda action, March 40 - 60 scope 25 ounces and shoot a LV barrel at 22" and make LV weight no problem, matter of fact several ounces under 10.5LB.

Jim
kelbly.com

Last edited:
If they have

been trained by Ian Robertson the founder of Robertson Composites and building him the way he did, they should be just fine.

The black and silver JTR on the website sure looks like my old rifle that I had Ian stock.

I would like to see them come out with a rifle more along the profile lines of a Scarb, Scoville or Leonard.

Calvin

I’m told they make it light enough to make LV but I don’t have the exact weight.

Be sure and tell them if you use a tuner.

I do, and that was the main reason I finally went to a Scoville.

Years ago, when the original 17 ounce Leopold 36x was the go to scope, 26 to 30 ounce stocks were the norm. You could use a 84 ounce barrel and had little trouble with weight,

The newer scope offerings through the years have crept up in weight to past 22 ounces. Add a tuner, and you are over weight.

For years, I cut my barrels to where there was only about 1 inch of “straight” left on the chamber end on the LV taper to get the barrel under 80 ounces.

The Scoville at just 21 ounces made life a lot easier.

I love my Robertson Stocks. They tend to be just a tad heavy. All of my rifles except the LV are on Robertson’s.

Back