Falling block again

H

hecksf

I think we have discussed this before but someone tell me again why a falling block action can't be as accurate as a bolt action?

Ted

There is the issue of not being able to get similar slick lock times or a trigger with the expected sensitivity.

Then, the underlever generally used can be a pain to operate around your bag & the alternative thumb lever heavy in function.

As was mentioned, with no primary extraction function, removing cases can be a pain. When it works, the usual straight back extraction can be a bit disconcerting while guide bumps designed to modify that can interfere with slick reloading.

Fit tolerances are more difficult to achieve in mortised alignments than can be turned with conventional actions.

They're cute little buggers, though, aren't they? I have a 1915 model Stevens Favourite rimfire & a fair used Annie barrel that I'm going to mate up some time & pretend that I'm out on the prairie......

I think stock design has a lot to do with it also, lots of drop angle. Recoil is definitely a problem on the bags. Another big disadvantage is the barrel mounted scopes. Two huge disadvantages right from the get go.

I notice Allan Hall didn't sell his for vary long, not on his web site any longer.

Back