Faifax Winter league 1-9-11

Best wishes to you guys that went. I really wanted to shoot today but right now at 2pm the official temperature is 34 and the wind is absolutely howling. I am outside running trains for my RR clubs open house, this allows me to spend most of my time bundled up with hands in gloves or pockets and I still am miserable.
Dick

My wife spent the morning in the sun room (two walls all glass). I asked her what she was doing. "Watching the pond freeze," she replied.

Those of us in central North Carolina who don't have generators have to spend the day getting firewood, making sure there is fuel for the Coleman lanterns, chain saw, etc. etc. I *think* I'd rather be shooting . . .

Well, There was only a small handful that showed up. So small that we didn't hold the match. We kept the wood stove going for a while, and left.

Well, There was only a small handful that showed up. So small that we didn't hold the match. We kept the wood stove going for a while, and left.

Ouch. I don't know whether to be sad that I did not come up after all and may have made a quorum, or glad that I stayed home in the warm house and avoided the 4 hours of driving.......

I was planning to attend but was sick. Better luck next time. Bobby

13 February,
Should be a lovely warm day based on past February Fairfax shoots and local weather here recently.

Dick

If you believe that I have a bridge for sale in NY

Hi,

I am new to the forum. I am interested in learning to shoot competitively and I live in Fairfax. What do I have to do to join the league?

Thanks, Scott

Scott, Don't let the name fool you. The range is actually in Manassas, on Signal Hill Road. Come through the gate, hang a right and keep following the road around the pond to the end. You'll see us, if anyone shows up this time! :)

Thanks for the replys. Is this at the Fairfax Rod and Gun club, and do I have to be a member or how does it work? I am currently a member of Issac Walton in Centreville.

Thanks, Scott

Scott, this shoot is an International Benchrest Shooters Match that doesn't count for shooter of the year points but goes under the IBS rules. That being said, you can still shoot if you are not an IBS member but you will have to shoot a rifle that would qualify in one of the classes which would be light gun, heavy gun or factory gun class. If you just want to come out to see what we do then please do so but shoot if you want to ; bring 50+ rounds (I bring 80+). See you there.

Thanks for the replys. Is this at the Fairfax Rod and Gun club, and do I have to be a member or how does it work? I am currently a member of Issac Walton in Centreville.

Thanks, Scott

Scott,

Yes this is the Fairfax Rod and Gun club but you don't need to be a member of the Club to shoot the IBS Match. It is good to be a memeber of the IBS and you can join at the Match but for this one I don't think you have to be a member.

If you want to shoot and don't have a rifle just let us know and someone and help you out with that.

Jerry

Eddie, Wayne, Trouble and Jerry,

Thanks for all of the info. I am going to try my best to be there. I do have a rifle that I think may have been in the first National Benchrest Shooting Association match. I do know for sure that it was made by Al Marciante. I have another post in the forum with the info that I know about it and some pictures.

http://benchrest.com/showthread.php?73224-Rare-Rifle

I am going to try to put some ammo through it this weekend at Issac Walton. So far, I was able to shoot the first 10 rounds this past weekend, but half of that was getting the scope dialed in (My first time with a Unertl scope and rings).

Thanks, Scott

Back