Easy way......

J

Jan

....to haul your Graham type windflags W/O messing them up!

Attachments

• DSC01052.jpg
    DSC01052.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 590
That

is pretty slick. Good show.

The ideas that come around here from time to time are endless....:D:D

Calvin

Jan ...

....to haul your Graham type windflags W/O messing them up!

Rick Graham [pictured below] builds great flags. Here's how I move mine from place to place ... with a cover not shown. Art :)

Attachments

• Rick Graham.JPG
    Rick Graham.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 483
  • Flags in Box.jpg
    Flags in Box.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 493
Nice ......

..........job. Mine was just basically free as the odd parts were available!

Or this way:
PICT0294.jpg

I really like this.

As a newer shooter that has not bought flags yet, this is an AWESOME post. It's little things like this that can show me different ways of doing simple things that you don't typically think about when you think of "Benchrest Shooting". I think of shooting, not transporting flags.

Thanks again.

When size

matters, as it does in my case owning a Ford Ranger, I ahae to try and keep all my storage cases/boxes as small as possible to fit in the truck and tool box.

This is the tool box I use to hold my wind flags. I can fit 8 flags inside. The top tray holds all the spare required hardware for my flags and stands that may be required in the field.

I also notice that no one ever mentioned protecting there balls.......:eek:

Well since I use a smaller tool box for my flags and have to alternate the way they fit into the box I have to protect the balls......:eek:

I use foam insulators that you use to keep your beer cold when enjoying a cool one. I went to the local craft store Michaels and bought them cheap like BORSCHT.

They serve as a duel purpose item.

The other tool box I have holds all my stands, stakes, bungee cords, Snuffy tails and miscellaneous spare stand and wind probe items.

Calvin

Attachments

• DSCF1567.jpg
    DSCF1567.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 370
  • DSCF1570.jpg
    DSCF1570.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 350
After looking at .........

........the better made systems than mine, I made a new one! These fit nicely and there is no wobble to mess with the cloroplast or the balls.
DSC01057.jpg

.......sorry for the blurry pic but you can see the groove in the aluminum that keeps the flags from moving very much.
DSC01058.jpg

...it is nice share the ideas as we can all improve on different ways to get all our gear to and from the range. Be well, shoot well........... Jan

Jan and goodgrouper...
how did you secure the tubing holding the flags, to whatever base you have in the box?

How I did mine.

I have 2 pieces of a redwood 2X4 attached to the bottom of the tote by placing scews with washers drilled in from the bottom. I then used a spade bit and drilled the 7 plug holes. I cut the aluminum and they are in place by a pressure fit. I did use a hammer to get them in. The groove on the top of each is to keep the flags from rotating. Hope this helps. If needed I can send you a pic of the tote sans flags........... Jan

Jan and goodgrouper...
how did you secure the tubing holding the flags, to whatever base you have in the box?

I just used wooden dowel crushed fit into a hole drilled into the base. I epoxied the base to the bottom of the box.

Back