Denton Results 3/21/10

J

J Conley

We had 10 shooters brave the 40 to 50 mph winds today. It was cold but all in all I think everyone had fun. The small group of the day was shot by Mike Stinnett with a .073 in a 50 mph wind.

VFS Match
1st Mike Stinnett 250 15X
2nd Jon Conley 249 14X
3 Ralph Stewart 249 10X
4th Paul Bowers 248 10X
5th Dave Williams 248 7X

Group
1st Mike Stinnett .1872
2nd Dave Williams .3740
3 Ralph Stewart .4024
4th Mike Conley .4278
5th Paul Bowers .4462

100_0456.jpg

100_0458.jpg

100_0459.jpg

100_0460.jpg

100_0462.jpg

100_0469.jpg

I guess we know

Who the real tough guys are, and who the not so tough guys are. I stayed home like a not so tough guy. That weather is too cold for me.

Congrats to Mike and all that braved that weather.

What's the white stuff on the ground? Ralph, remember when I said to you, look at the top 10......... it reads like a who's who in BR? I'm seeing your name a lot, great job!!

Jeff Aberegg

I do not often reply but

I want every one to know if you came today you were in the top ten and stout of heart too. Only once was the weather this bad as I remember it was in Seymore TX. Everyone who shot was a real trooper. We seemed to have fun, but once today I was talking to Jon and his jaw as shaking so hard I could not understand what he was saying. He just kept a trying and a smiling.

For those not from Texas, it was 70 Friday, and very nice, Today was just terrible 30mph to 50, 35 degrees or so.

For me I am glad I went, I got to see the best shooting I have ever seen in my life. I watch and shoot with Mike every week, and see him make some awsome aggs, and he shoots several zeros in the course of a practice. Rarely will he not shoot something very small. But today was just breath-taking. So not only did he shoot clean in Score, but pretty early he shot a Score target in just seconds. The result was 5 Xs on that target, it set me back in my place. Then his Group match, he shot a .075 or so, then a .113, then a .114 or so, and you saw the agg. All this with a 30 mph to 50 mph wind. Man I have to say it may be a long time before I see anything like that and I hope you all can share the fun we had, and congratulations to Mike.

A couple of interesting things about the Match, Most of the rifles were 30's, Who could clean in a 40 plus MPH blow, so few cleaned if any. Most shot Tuners and were preloaded, Who could have loaded in a 40 plus MPH Blow.

Now after the Cactus, and Denton I want to tell you two things, the very best investment Mike and I have made has been our loading trailer to get out of the weather, And as we have discussed, if you are having a drought and need it to rain, invite us to your community, and I am sure we can break the drought, if we come to shoot a match you will be lucky if it doesn't flood.

Last edited:
Nuts is right. I was one of the goofballs that shot in that crap. Worse yet I think I as the only one not shooting a 30. My 6 did pretty good till I crossfired on Dave. I was hoping they would DQ me and send me home but I had to finish.:D Thanks John I still had fun.

I want every one to know if you came today you were in the top ten and stout of heart too. Only once was the weather this bad as I remember it was in Seymore TX. Everyone who shot was a real trooper. We seemed to have fun, but once today I was talking to Jon and his jaw as shaking so hard I could not understand what he was saying. He just kept a trying and a smiling.

For those not from Texas, it was 70 Friday, and very nice, Today was just terrible 30mph to 50, 35 degrees or so.

For me I am glad I went, I got to see the best shooting I have ever seen in my life. I watch and shoot with Mike every week, and see him make some awsome aggs, and he shoots several zeros in the course of a practice. Rarely will he not shoot something very small. But today was just breath-taking. So not only did he shoot clean in Score, but pretty early he shot a Score target in just seconds. The result was 5 Xs on that target, it set me back in my place. Then his Group match, he shot a .075 or so, then a .113, then a .114 or so, and you saw the agg. All this with a 30 mph to 50 mph wind. Man I have to say it may be a long time before I see anything like that and I hope you all can share the fun we had, and congratulations to Mike.

A couple of interesting things about the Match, Most of the rifles were 30's, Who could clean in a 40 plus MPH blow, so few cleaned if any. Most shot Tuners and were preloaded, Who could have loaded in a 40 plus MPH Blow.

Now after the Cactus, and Denton I want to tell you two things, the very best investment Mike and I have made has been our loading trailer to get out of the weather, And as we have discussed, if you are having a drought and need it to rain, invite us to your community, and I am sure we can break the drought, if we come to shoot a match you will be lucky if it doesn't flood.

Believe it or not, wish I could have made it...

Very well said Ralph... Mike shot like a World Class Benchrest competitor!!!

JUST an amazing agg in SUPER ROUGH conditions...!!!

Congratulations Mike..! Heck, too all who braved the weather!!!!!:)

see ya'll next time,
cale

That was a first class a** kicking when 1st place agg. is less than half the size of the 2nd place man. A stellar performance! Congrats, Steve

Based on the conditions in North Texas, Mike's agg was UNBELIEVABLE!

Mike shoots a 30 right? I can't remember if it is based on a ppc, BR, or Grendel. I think its a BR. Anyone........

Donald

And a lot more too.

What's the white stuff on the ground? Ralph, remember when I said to you, look at the top 10......... it reads like a who's who in BR? I'm seeing your name a lot, great job!!

Jeff Aberegg

And I think you will continue to see it there too.

30 gr

Mike shoots a 30 right? I can't remember if it is based on a ppc, BR, or Grendel. I think its a BR. Anyone........

Donald

I think its larger than a true 30ppc and very similar to a 30 grendel..... Maybe Mike will chime in and set the record straight....

30 ppc

Donald, the reamer is made from a Speedy 6PPC modified only at the neck for a .308. Actual length is 1.510. It is a 30PPC but I have just a hair more capacity due to the body. Very close to the standard Jackie reamer.

mks

Back