Dean Breeden sweeps both VFS and Hunter at IBS 200/300 Nationals

Dick Grosbier

Club Coordinator
It was a hot !! and humid weekend in Kentucky when 43 shooters from as far away as Maine gathered at the Bluegrass Sportsmens League in central Kentucky for the 17th annual 200/300 Score Nationals. Mirage, horrible at times and relatively tricky winds kept most of us totally befuddled for two days. The only person there who seemed to have a really solid grasp on the conditions was Dean Breeden who won both yardages and the Grand in both VFS and Hunter Class . He did at least leave winning Varmint Hunter class to Dave Thomas.

Full results

Dick Grosbier

Dean_Dave.jpg

Dean & David

Congrats Dean and Dave! You shot great in some challenging conditions and earned every bit of the win. I was happy to see people that I haven't seen in a few years, as well as meet some new. It was a long tough weekend in the heat and humidity, but I'm glad you all made the trip and am very happy for you both. Couldn't happen to nicer people.

Mike Ezell

Some more of the winners

winners.jpg

Jerry Nettles , Moses Fugate, Chris Roland, Timmy Roland, Bobby Cagle, Dave Thomas, Eddie Harren. and Dean Breeden

It feels like a good 10 degrees cooler today since a certain HOT shooter headed north....coincidence???

we want to thank everyone that attended the match. the conditions were as tough as I've seen in 15 tears of shooting on this range. Dean was outstanding. i also want to thank Joe Jarrell for taking over the target crew. they did a great job. it was great to meet all the fine folks that we've heard about from around the country. we look forward to hosting this match again in the future. again thanks.
Mike NIblett

Many thanks to the folks at Wilmore for putting on a great match under trying conditions. Great job. Fantastic range.

Many thanks to the folks at Wilmore for putting on a great match under trying conditions. Great job. Fantastic range.

You musta lost 25 to 50 pounds in the heat and humidity? Will we recognize you in Maine August 6 and 7? Actually is there any reason for either of us to shoot if Dean is venturing North?? --Greg

Last edited:
Congrats to all the winners! Dean's shooting amazed everyone with the scores he shot in the conditions during the match...I thought it could have been that "Mac Tools" seat he was using but after I borrowed his "lucky" seat I quicky knew it was not any "karma" associated with that..;>) One of the best part of this shoot for me was meeting folks and putting faces with names.....Thanks to everyone who worked behind the scenes and all who participated which made this shoot a successful one for the BGSL.

-H

Last edited:
It was hot. The show went off without a hitch. Great job by those folks.

Stay tuned...Dean is getting one of my Farleys and it make make a debut up north

Acckkkkk.gif

I want to say a big "THANK YOU" to Mike, Joe, Hope, Mrs. Carlton, John, Lonnie and everyone else for making this happen. I'm sure more hard work and sweat (and more sweat) went into this match than we can imagine. "CONGRATULATIONS" to all the winners. I'm very proud of my local shooting friends that did so well.
Tony McCoy

Last edited:
Back