Dealing with Dillon Precision

Dave Coots

64 Chevy 409 10.42 129
I recently placed an order with Dillon for my RL550. A few days after that i broke a couple things on the press. I emailed them for the extra parts and thought they could combine the orders. Well,they sent me the extra parts on a seperate order and did not charge me a dime, even for shipping. Their time and shipping was probably $10 plus the cost of the parts.

Just letting everyone know what kind of operation they have. They also have Hot Chicks on their advertising:cool:

Later
Dave

Last edited:
I own 5 of their presses..

I have literally loaded several million rounds on Dillon presses since 1981 when I bought my first 450. The two 1050s have operated flawlessly. Thave bullet feededs and coolators on both of them. The two 550s have been repbuilt by replacing parts IE: powder measures and automatic primer assemblys several times without the first charge.
Nat Lambeth

I have literally loaded several million rounds on Dillon presses since 1981 when I bought my first 450. The two 1050s have operated flawlessly. Thave bullet feededs and coolators on both of them. The two 550s have been repbuilt by replacing parts IE: powder measures and automatic primer assemblys several times without the first charge.
Nat Lambeth

The same experence as you Nat since I first purchased 450 from Dillon.
This is a first class company.

Chuck.

I recently placed an order with Dillon for my RL550. A few days after that i broke a couple things on the press. I emailed them for the extra parts and thought they could combine the orders. Well,they sent me the extra parts on a seperate order and did not charge me a dime, even for shipping. Their time and shipping was probably $10 plus the cost of the parts.

Just letting everyone know what kind of operation they have. They also have Hot Chicks on their advertising:cool:

Later
Dave

Talk about a repeat of history, you have summed up my 30 year history with them, they never have let me down.

Dillon Precision - 1st rate company

I have have a similar excellant experiance Dillon Precision. They are a 1st rate company.

Keep up the good work. :)

I bought a Dillon digital scale years ago, i started having problems with it. Called the service dept. and they said i think there is a recall on that model return it and we will send you a new one. Just a great company to deal with.

I am very happy with my Dillon stuff.
If they made any BR stuff I would buy it.
Ted

Well I think Dillon sucks!

You'se guys all get free replacements of broken parts and stuff.... I haven't gotten ANY free parts!

But then my lonely little 650 has only loaded rounds numbered in the thousands........... and has never broken :D:D

I hadda' put a new badd'ry in the buzzer once.

I went out and bought it.

al

Well I think Dillon sucks!

You'se guys all get free replacements of broken parts and stuff.... I haven't gotten ANY free parts!

But then my lonely little 650 has only loaded rounds numbered in the thousands........... and has never broken :D:D

I hadda' put a new badd'ry in the buzzer once.

I went out and bought it.

al

Once some years ago I was in the Dillon plant and a customer was in the store bitching about the de-capping pin from a Dillon die breaking. I was sort of shocked as I had just ran a .223 cases through my Dillon die and noticed it didn't have a primer pocket, yet the pin went through the base of the case and didn't break any thing. So I made mention to the guy that he might have some other problem rather than the de-capping pin? I had been running his dies for some years and never broke one of there pins in some hundreds of thousands of cases. Maybe he had a bent pin or he had never tighten down the de-capping rod? Well needless to say he wasn't haveing any of that and told me so. Even today I still haven't broken a de-capping pin, one of these dies is his first made prototype .223 carbide dies with well over a million sizes on it. Maybe it gets better than that, I just know it does not get any better than that.

Al, I didn't add that I have spent a lot of money with Dillion repairing my RL-1000 presses, but these are commercial machines and never had a warranty anyway, I've had both of them rebuilt once and up-graded once to the 1050's specks, got rid of the old powder drop system . They have been great old machines for me, just as have been my newer 1050.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a part on my 650 ( think it was a sheer pin? ) brake a long time ago. Had a 9mm get inside a 45ACP and when I tried to resize it thats when it broke. The decapping pin did not brake though. Dillon sent me a new one and a spare lickiddy split. :D No charge of coarse.

gt40

A number of years ago a gunsmith in my area was the subject of a banger invasion at his shop. The bad guys came in the front door with guns blazing. In the ensuing gunfight one of the Dillon presses in the shop became collateral damage. When he called Dillon to order some replacement parts (he thought "surely the no BS warranty did not cover being shot"). Well, it did. Dillon told him "if it breaks we replace it". No BS.

I think Mike had a write up about the event in his magazine/sales flyer.

Yea, they stand behind their products.

I have owned a Square Deal B, a 550 a 650 and a 1050. I use them all for various loading jobs, that a pretty good wad of cash invested in Dillon. They have all served me well! Any parts that I need, I just call the 1-800 number and they're at my door in a couple of days, no questions asked...
I asked one of the reps how they could afford to do that, their response was..."how can we afford not to"! What a refreshing way of dealing with a manufacturer...
Mark

I too have had the Dillon 550 for the past 20+ years, I cant imagine how many rifle and pistol loads I have assembled with it. I have require parts three times and your results have been what I have come to expect, NO question, NO charge, and a big Thank you!! They ROCK, I had a box in the garage with toolheads loaded with dies and all (5 or 6 sets)and powder dies in it and the powder measure, it flooded with about 8" of water and I didn't notice the box for a couple months, They had me send the stuff to them bead blasted the tool heads and sent NEW everything else!! It just don't get no better!!!!

my only complaint with Dillon...

My only complaint with Dillon is that when I went to their booth at last year's SHOT show, expecting to see the catalog girls, all I could find is old guys with grey hair & beards! No girls in sight!

But their service is really the best in the business & the catalogs are well done.

Regards, Ron

Man..You guys are rough on your 550's. Have had mine for 22 years with no breaks or malfuctions. I wont talk abut the operator errors. :D

Back