David Reynolds

HE was a great guy and a great shooter,bad day. Ricky Bell

David Reynolds will be sorely missed.

Many years ago when I first started shooting Benchrest (Shamrock I) I had, by some miracle, put four shots down into a tiny little hole in 20 mph wind. The condition changed. I waited, and waited......and waited. Finally with only a few tics left on the clock, I put one on the sighter and then quickly the last shot on record. Two bullets worth wide left. As I got up from the bench frustrated, David was there. He put his arm around my shoulder, and said "Scott, I want to tell you something that Brady Knight told me when I did a similar thing when I first started shooting, that made me feel a lot better." I asked "what's that?" David calmly says "It sure took you a long time to #$%^*& that group."

He was right - it did make me feel better. It made me understand that while making tiny little holes in a piece of paper was the goal, there was much more to be had from this game. And, there was also many other sources of enjoyment from this game, not just the final standings.

We have lost one of those sources today.

God Bless David Reynolds

Our matches here in the Southeast will not be quite the same without David. Our heartfelt prayers go out to Donna and the children. Another good one gone too early.

This is a sport that has a lot going for it. In what other sport can you go to a private campground, the camping is cheap, very few kids, all your friends are there and you get to shoot guns too. We have lost one of those special friends. God bless him. God bless us all.

During those early mornings before a match, while we all busied ourselves around the benches, David's greeting was-without fail-"sleep well?" I will miss that. I know that he sleeps well now...but I, and all those he touched, will miss him.

Plus, he was one heck of a 200 yard shooter. When he was 'on' he was unbeatable.

Jeff

We are diminished. The BR community has lost a valued member. Our prayers go out to family and friends. James

You know....there is always a certain percentage of shooters you can count on to be in that top ten or twenty at any given match and David was one of those. We will miss his competitive nature and good humor but his spirit will remain among us for sure.....forever. Thank You, David for sharing that spirit with us.

Pat Hurley

David was one of the good guys in this game, he will be missed. I'll keep his family in my prayers for strength and comfort in this trying time.

Was Praying This Day Would Not Come.....

Truly sorry to hear this news of David's passing... This really hurts.
I always looked forward to seeing David at all the big matches!
Was looking for David when I arrived at the Shamrock match last month, only to hear the devastating news of his declining condition...
We lost a great man with David's passing.
I'm a better person in knowing David. He always had me laughing about some silly story... always told with a straight face!
I'm sure he's in Heaven tonight, as I can hear the angels laughing...
Let's all keep David in our prayers each and every day....
Pray the Rosary!
Jack

Back