CZ Varmit .22 at a 100 yd benchrest today

BR549

Did ok on the first string, really sucked on the 2nd string. Weather was partly cloudy, mid 80's, low humidity, calm winds. Perfect day to get a 400- < and a ton of x's>.

Weight of the CZ was 9.5 lbs, so was in the Custom Class.

Don't know what changed, my grip?, something did that's for sure.

Did 5 rds of barrel warm up using Lapua OSP, 5 sight in with Lapua Midas +, and 10 rds per target for score using Midas +. 396 - 25x (need to be in the 30 x's to be competitive) Which is really terrible. But I'm new at this game, so it's a learning curve. Did have fun though.

The one flier in the white don't count, it was a cross fire.

Attachments

• IMG_1272.jpg
    IMG_1272.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 286
  • IMG_1273.jpg
    IMG_1273.jpg
    478.7 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_1274.jpg
    IMG_1274.jpg
    344.2 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_1276.jpg
    IMG_1276.jpg
    314.7 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_1277.jpg
    IMG_1277.jpg
    324.5 KB · Views: 206
Competitive shooting is indeed allot fun and it's hard to understand why more don't get into doing so. Back when I was a Wee Lad they still had shooting Gallarie's on the Boardwalk and that's where I would spend all of my time. Also grew up around firearms and lived in the country so I also shot everyday. First rifle was a Daisy Red Rider and I got it while in the first grade and have been shooting ever since. Competitively now and I first started back in 1998, I am a single shot falling block plainbase cast bullet competitor and more typically known as Schuetzen.

My feeling is that the single biggest reason

Competitive shooting is indeed allot fun and it's hard to understand why more don't get into doing so. Back when I was a Wee Lad they still had shooting Gallarie's on the Boardwalk and that's where I would spend all of my time. Also grew up around firearms and lived in the country so I also shot everyday. First rifle was a Daisy Red Rider and I got it while in the first grade and have been shooting ever since. Competitively now and I first started back in 1998, I am a single shot falling block plainbase cast bullet competitor and more typically known as Schuetzen.

more rifle owners don't participate in their own clubs fun shoots is simple fear of not doing well. Competition where there are winners and losers just isn't in everyone's blood. However life is a game full of winners and losers and maybe that is enough stress for many. They fail to realize that you are just shooting against yourself, spending a day with friends and having fun doing something you like to do(shoot). In the end, it still baffles me.

When I first started competitve shooting my first goal was to come in second to last and it took me two years to get there. From there on it was one more goal at a time all the way to the top of the list and a National Championship and a National Record that still stands along the way. Also picked up a lathe and started doing my own barrel and gunsmithing work thanks to Jackie Schmidt and a few others here.

Back