CZ 455 Action Questions

mrh1958

I have been looking at a CZ 455 Varmint model and was looking at some photos of the action and barrel that were disassembled,the barrel is attached to the action via 2 angled grub screws and the barrel tenon has two really deep cuts for the grub screws to secure the barrel to the action.My thinking is this may not be a very stable or strong set up due to the thickness,or lack of in the action itself and the deep cuts in the barrel tenon right under the chamber.Your input appreciated.

Last edited:
The Sako Quad uses a very similar barrel attachment system as CZ. I haven`t heard any complaining about either rifle but, that isn`t saying much.

I`ve a CZ455 and have no problem with the barrel/receiver attachment. I like it better then the Ruger set-up on their rimfires. For the money the factory rifle is nicely accurate, and with the Lilja barrel I put on mine, and some trigger tweaking it is competitive in club shoots.
It is not a Annie or IMHO the best choice for a bench rifle though.

Thanks for the reply Joe maybe some of the "smiths" here will chime in with their opinions if they are familiar with this model rifle.

I have been looking at a CZ 455 Varmint model and was looking at some photos of the action and barrel that were disassembled,the barrel is attached to the action via 2 angled grub screws and the barrel tenon has two really deep cuts for the grub screws to secure the barrel to the action.My thinking is this may not be a very stable or strong set up due to the thickness,or lack of in the action itself and the deep cuts in the barrel tenon right under the chamber.Your input appreciated.

If you go to the CZ Forum on Rimfire Central, you'll have much better luck finding info. I would suggest you do a search there for all the postings by a gentleman with the handle of "Emmery".

The link I've provided below is one of the "Emmery" posts that pertains to the observation you made above

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4761311#post4761311

Landy

Back