CZ 452 Scout?

G

Gary O

As I approach my 70's, I have been informed that I will soon be a grandfather. As a result of that I have been considering a .22 rifle for that grandchild that my daughter or son-in-law could use to teach that child safe gun handling skills. After some mulling it over I have decided to purchase a CZ 452 Scout model and keep it as a safe queen until such time my grandchild is old enough to learn to shoot. The truth is that I may not be around to see that day. What say you about that rifle? Do I still have to buy a trigger kit for it? Thanks...

Gary, I own a couple of 452's. When I was shooting 22 Benchrest, the 452's would hold their own with custom rf sporters with top quality ammo. They liked Lapua Midas L, the big stuff. You can bring the trigger down to about 3/4 oz by weakening one spring and stiffening the other. Mechanically and quality, great value.

Last edited:
The Scout is as accurate IMO as any other M452 or 455 CZ rifle, and makes a great rifle for a youngster that they can grow with by simply changing the stock.
I've one I bought for my wife (M452) who is on the short side, and found it fits in a full sized M452 American stock for my use with the only change being a wood screw is need to hold the bottom metal in the rear on the full sized stock. I added a Weaver 2x7 and see 0.6-0.7 inch groups @ 50tds with little trouble using decent ammo such as SK or Wolf offers.

Wearing the full size stock
cz%20452%20copy.jpg

Just a remark as I don't even remember what kind of rifle it was. I bought my son a 22 rifle years ago and it was a brand name rifle. Looked good and fit him well but the trigger became loose on a regular basis no matter what. I didn't have sense enough to put some locktite or similar on the screws but the rifle was unsafe as it was. Said all that to say this - Make sure the rifle is as safe as it can be.

Back