Cure for Cabin Fever

Neck Turn Brass

that should keep you occupied til Feb. ...Dave

Tell

me about it.:(

I am sick and tired of the cold and the snow.:(

Sit in my cave in the basement and think of small projects I can make for my guns or to aid in shooting. It just has to be something that does create to much dust because it is to ****** cold to go outside.

My latest projects:

2008_0117Image0029.jpg

Oversized handle for my CZ 452 bench gun in progress. Since I am not privlidged like so many on this board to be graced with a lathe and the ability to use it, I created it with a drill press, dremel with carbide cutter, and sandpaper. Finished by polishing with buffer wheel on dremel.
You hacksaw and use the angle grinder to cut off the existing ball knob.:eek: Get it as uniform as possible with the bench grinder.:confused: Tap the stub with your local hardware store home tap and die set and screw your new creation on and hpe you like it.:D If not you cut another piece off of your 1/2" aluminium rod and start again.:(

Used some rough oak from a 4x8 sheet metal palette that I salvaged and turned it from this

2008_0119Image0020.jpg

to this

2008_0119Image0021.jpg

to this.

2008_0119Image0023.jpg

which ends up being dual purpose. The underside of the base has holes drilled to be a loading block.

2008_0119Image0025.jpg

I have been told I have to much time on my hands. What else do you do in the winter in Manitoba besides waiting for 3:00 to pour a shot of Crown Royal?

Enjoy
Calvin

Last edited:
Try some COW tests.

You have regular, instant and chocolate. Which meters the best through your measure, does it cake up or clog the mechanism in any way. Which ones work best for fireforming criteria being efficiency ( what blows out your cases best) whitch gives the best velocity and best ES/SD. Does one foul the barrel worse than the others. Speaking of velocity what about our little wax bullets who makes the most consistent wax canning wax, candle wax (what candle manfr), bees wax. Or is there something better plumbers putty,cotton,TP,crisco, hard boiled egg yokes? The possibility's boggle the mind.

I hear

Move to South Texas !!!

you................ If I am fortunate enough to live a long healthy life that is what I hope to do for the winters. I hope to leave this forsaken place right after Christmas and go where it is warmer. 15 more years and counting.

Get out and practice

Practice makes perfect...!
attachment.php

Lee to Joe: "...I don't think it's too bad out here. Did you catch that let up?"

Lee :D

Attachments

• PICT1527a.jpg
    PICT1527a.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 484
Last edited:
Build a motorized automatic shell loader. Can later add an optional trigger activator.

Hmmm, electro-optical aiming mechanism?

The pissibilties are endless.

Back in 1971 I went fishing for muskies in Clayton, New York on the St. Lawrence River. Our guide had 9 daughters that were all born in September. :eek::eek::D

"Aim small miss small", :D

gt40

Take up....

Giant rifle building.....Virg in the thread "pics of your rigs" built one that is bigger than two men and a truck!!!! Very likely making recoil difficult to deal with, but it is a start.

Linc

Tell me

Avoid your wife at all costs.
She is walking around the house with cabin fever also. Her cure involves you. .

about it.........................:(:(

Who decided it is time to finish the basement bathroom on a Whim?????????????:eek: Not quite ready for drywall but no..................I have tommorrow off you know.....................:mad::mad:

Back