Cruisers

skeetlee

I'm just curious if anyone shoots cruiser rifles anymore? I read a brief paragraph in Tony's book. looks like it would be a lot of fun?? I assume rail guns have taken over in this class, but i still think a cruiser would be fun to shoot just at home or wherever. Lee

Cruiser Rigs

I'm just curious if anyone shoots cruiser rifles anymore? I read a brief paragraph in Tony's book. looks like it would be a lot of fun?? I assume rail guns have taken over in this class, but i still think a cruiser would be fun to shoot just at home or wherever. Lee

My buddy Gary Walters competes with a 17lb 30BR cruiser in Tomballs VFS club matches and is always in contention for the top spots. Ron Parker has also picked up a vintage cruiser and is havin some fun getting it up to speed.

If you are looking to buy a quality cruiser I know where Ralph Stolle's world famous " This B**** ain't for sale" .308 rig is and "its for sale" :cool: It is in great shape and looks brand new. The present owner resides in La Grange, Tx.

Skeet,

Do I have a deal for you ;) :D!! This rifle belonged to Arman Pagliai, and is built on a Hall Model B action. It has a weight system, and can be used as either a HV or Cruiser. I bought it to use in the Unlimited class, but then got involved in Score.

Jim

Cruiser-ArmandPagliai003copy.jpg

Thanks fellas but I'm not looking to buy anything. After reading a bit about them in Tony's book it just spark a little curiosity. thats all! I'm sure it would be a lot of fun and maybe next concrete season. I have spend my wad on a couple new 6ppc rigs. Tell me more about this cruiser 30BR stuff. That really has my attention!! Lee

30BR Cruiser

Thanks fellas but I'm not looking to buy anything. After reading a bit about them in Tony's book it just spark a little curiosity. thats all! I'm sure it would be a lot of fun and maybe next concrete season. I have spend my wad on a couple new 6ppc rigs. Tell me more about this cruiser 30BR stuff. That really has my attention!! Lee

Lee,

In our Tomball VFS club (non-sactioned) matches there are no weight restrictions in the Benchrest class. You can shoot any combination and weight you like within reason of course. This rule allows Gary to legally compete with his 17lb 30BR cruiser.

NBRSA and IBS rules prohibit the use of HV rigs weighing over the 13.5lb in formal competitions.

Vic, in reality, at our Tomball Gun Club Matches, (CLUB), you can shoot any legal firearm in the Benchrest Class.

As to the Cruiser, since it does not poccess the true return to battery feature that a Rail Gun does, it is really no better than a HV.

Back