Crucible Steel

F

f d shuster

A posting on this site, last Aug 14, from "tim", said that if Crucible Steel "cannot secure a buyer by September the doors close". I must have missed something: what happened/ anybody know?

Last edited by a moderator:
As of October 17th

Geddes (WSYR-TV) - Crucible Steel workers are expected to be back on the job in the next two weeks.

Wednesday, the United Steelworkers union held an informative meeting detailing the specifics of the deal presented by the plant's new owner, JP Industries. Union representative Albert Marshall says many of the workers are pleased with the deal, and that it did not change much from their previous contract.

Also under the agreement, much of the workers insurance policies have been enhanced. The Crucible plant is expected to be up and running by November.

Crucible

Fred: Great news! Very glad to hear it, a big thank you. I know many of our premium barrel makers are using Crucible Steel, and I had to wonder what the future held if they went out of business. Thanks again.:)

WHAT? You mean Obama and his boys didn't just confiscate it?:confused:

crucible steel

actually they never really shut completely down.
I saw smoke from the factory two weeks ago.
They are here to stay for at least a while.

A posting on this site, last Aug 14, from "tim", said that if Crucible Steel "cannot secure a buyer by September the doors close". I must have missed something: what happened/ anybody know?

It got picked back up ,i think, on the rimfire side about the new agreemant. They indicated a net addition to the workforce over time, there were something like 8 bidders.

Back