Confused about scope modifications

shinny

Shinny
I have heard of the Tucker conversion, the Buckys external adjustment system, Freezing Reticles and various other modifications.

I am confused about these scope modifications and would appreciate any input/opinons about the various scope modicications available.:confused:

Also, is Premiere still installing custom reticles. If so does anyone have contact info for them?

If I have a Premiere reticle installed will this void Leupolds waranty?

As far as I know, Premier is selling scopes and not doing any reticle installation. When they did, Leupold had an arrangement with them and it did not void warranty.

If I were going to get a reticle replaced today it would be Wally Siebert or Bill Ackerman. Search the archives for addressses.

The Tucker conversion installs a spring to bear against the erector tube and an internal rubber O ring to stabilize the tube. Had it done to a Weaver worked good for a year then STB.

Have two Brackney frozen Leupolds in his adjustable rings. Love them. --Greg

I believe Premier quit modifying Leupold's about 5 years ago when Dick Thomas passed away. About that time Leupold started offering the services Premier previously provided so it appeared Leupold severed ties with Premier and started doing all modifications themselves. Maybe Premier still provides Leupold with reticles but not direct to the public as they once had. The modifications done by Premier did not void the warranty. Premier started offering their own scope about 5 years ago. A quick Google search will give you Premier's contact info.

I have a Tucker Conversion on a 45x Leupold that has seen thousands of rounds over the last five years without fail. In addition when I had an issue with the scope horizontal adjusment after the rifle was dropped, I sent it back to Cecil who repaired it free of charge and returned it within a week.

Back