completely off-topic question on Flavio triggers....

alinwa

oft dis'd member
I've been using my Dan Killough version "Flavio Fare" for a bit now and it is...... well...... "different" ..... for me.

It's wikkid smooth

It's wikkid easy to get light, under 2oz

It's wikkid solid shot-to-shot, very repeatable feel to it

It's wikking looooong sear engagement

Or is it?

Frankly I've never even noticed engagement on other triggers (Shilen, Jewell, B&A, Huber, Hare)

IS THIS IN MY IMAGINATION??? Or is the swing longer on the "Flavio Fare"???

NOTE, I'm not complaining in any way..... I'm using the trigger on my rail and the whole THING is new to me. I have had a Shilen and a B&A on this gun but shot them very little. Maybe it has something to do with _how_ I approach/engage/trip the trigger on a rail, I don't know. I'm just asking.

I have not shot one of those triggers but I have a lot of Flavio that I received from him. I have been told by someone that has both. They are not the same on the inside.

I have this one on a Panda. Same exact rail as yours..... I'll catch you at a match and have you pull it

Was curious why a guy would put a Flavio on a rail instead of saving a few hundred and using a Jewell for example? I have Flavio's on my bag guns one of which I took off of my rail, put the Jewell off of the bag gun back on the rail and it didn't miss a lick. Do you guys think having a real high end trigger on a rail is as important as it is on a LV rifle?

Was curious why a guy would put a Flavio on a rail instead of saving a few hundred and using a Jewell for example? I have Flavio's on my bag guns one of which I took off of my rail, put the Jewell off of the bag gun back on the rail and it didn't miss a lick. Do you guys think having a real high end trigger on a rail is as important as it is on a LV rifle?

Pablo.... I'm trying/testing/learning all the triggers. I've had dozens of Jewell's and have zero complaints except that they sometimes need touchup...... and that blanking a primer buggers the trigger.

I've recently been shooting B&A vs Hare VS Jewell VS Huber VS "Flavio" and I actually put the Flavio on the rail BECAUSE I couldn't shoot it as well on a bag gun.

I'm just LEARNING how to shoot the rail, and I've had 3 actions, 4 triggers on it and they all basically shoot the same.... TO ME.... which is essentially meaningless. I've never fired this thing in anger. I really hoped to get it to the Sniper King this yr just to learn the ropes but ran into issues getting it set up.

I'm a backyard hacker/tester type guy just breaking into competition as I can.

Triggers

Ive always assumed that A Competition trigger could be adjusted to fit the application, regardless of the platform its attached to..... Rail Gun, Bag Gun,etc,etc.

Glenn

Glenn I did too...... but I HAVE found the triggers I'm testing to all be different. This one just seems to me to have a long stroke and when I shortened it (lessened the setting I term "sear engagement") ...... it malf'd, that's why I'm asking the question. I really do feel it's designed with a longer stroke.

Al... My post was in response to the question in Post #4 "Do you guys think having a real high end trigger on a rail is as important as it is on a LV rifle?"

Ive never owned a Flavio trigger. As much as I can tell,The Jewel trigger on my Rail Gun works great. Cant say the same for the shooter,

Glenn

Sear eng

Glenn I did too...... but I HAVE found the triggers I'm testing to all be different. This one just seems to me to have a long stroke and when I shortened it (lessened the setting I term "sear engagement") ...... it malf'd, that's why I'm asking the question. I really do feel it's designed with a longer stroke.

Hi Alinwa,
you have to screw the Sear eng (in safe conditions, unloaded weapon) clockwise slowly until it clicks. Remove Bolt and turn anticlockwise Sear eng by 1/4 or a little more. Check by closing Bolt quickly that you don't click and after shooting without a cartridge, check the sear eng if it's okay ... Sear eng is adjustable every shooter tares it as he wants. This trigger works on the bearings is not like Jowell ... it has a different mechanism.
Write me if you have any questions to: sidhe.srl@libero.it
Luca

Hi Alinwa,
you have to screw the Sear eng (in safe conditions, unloaded weapon) clockwise slowly until it clicks. Remove Bolt and turn anticlockwise Sear eng by 1/4 or a little more. Check by closing Bolt quickly that you don't click and after shooting without a cartridge, check the sear eng if it's okay ... Sear eng is adjustable every shooter tares it as he wants. This trigger works on the bearings is not like Jowell ... it has a different mechanism.
Luca

Thank You Luca :)

Hi Alinwa,
Luca

So are all these FF triggers the same ?

JR

Back