Colorado Rifle Club IBS 1000 yd Match Results - April 17, 2011

J

jbennington

The weather this spring in Colorado has been quirky at best. For the first match of the year we had a good turnout with over 20 entries, including several new shooters. Although the weather forecast was for winds and rain, as we got ready for the first relay the weather was warm with only a slight breeze. As the match progressed the wind picked up, until it was about 20 mph at the beginning of the third relay…with gusts around 40. With 10 MOA of windage dialed into my 6BR, it was challenging to say the least. As the results show, DQs were the norm. As the shoot out commenced, there were several delays from targets blowing off of the target boards. If that wasn’t enough, one of the target boards blew off as well.

In HG the Kopriva brothers managed to keep their shots and target to win the shoot off. For LG no one was able to keep five rounds on the paper, so there were no winners.

In spite of weather, it was a great shoot and we are looking forward to Match #2 on May 22nd. Come out and join us!

Details are in the attached spreadsheet

Attachments

• CRC IBS 1000 yd Benchrest Results - April 2011.xls
    52.5 KB · Views: 237
Tod,
The current IBS rule book is available from the IBS website.

Section VII) F) 1) a)

A relay shall consist of a one, two, or three target aggregate, number of targets to be shot for a relay will be determined by the individual Clubs, and submitted with their Match contract and approved by the IBS Match Schedule Chairman before the start of their season.
This format has been optional for several years, just because nobody else is using the format doesn't mean it isn't allowed.

The aggregate is for relay winners, there is still a shootoff required between the relay winners.
The only real difference is relay winners and match winners end up with less SOY points than the normal 2 match 1 target matches, and non-relay winners get to shoot more targets.
It also raises the difficulty level since one shot off any one of the 3 targets will DQ you for the match.
I am not sure but I think Tooley may have been behind getting this passed.

James

Back