Colorado floods

TylerT

Hope all are friends in Colorado are doing OK with the flooding going on up there.Todd

Last edited:
Floods

Todd, I'm with you 100%. Here in Meeker, we have had a fair amount of rain, but no problems. The front range has not been so lucky. Longmont was hit the hardest......Scotty Smallwood lives there. Hope he is OK!
Bryan

Still kicking!!

Todd, I'm with you 100%. Here in Meeker, we have had a fair amount of rain, but no problems. The front range has not been so lucky. Longmont was hit the hardest......Scotty Smallwood lives there. Hope he is OK!
Bryan

Bryan, I'm OK, thanks for asking. If you live away from the water, you're in better shape then those who live close by. Things are sort of getting back to normal here in Longmont. I think close to 20% of homes were evacuated at least once. We still don't have all the north - south streets open. The main one I take to work looks like a swamp by the bridge. Just mud and trash and logs everywhere. At least the bridge is still standing. 150 miles of roads and 25 other bridges have been washed away in Boulder county alone.

You can't get to I25 from the south of town, so traffic is looking like something out of Denver in rush hour. Most of us have good water and electricity - we're thankful for that. The town of Lyons just up the road will take a long time to recover, if ever. The National Guard and media and some evacuees are being housed at a mega church just down the street. They have turned the Boulder airport into an Army heliport. it's odd to hear this much chopper traffic but it's also reassuring to know that help is coming for those who want to get out of what's left of these mountain towns.

We get big rain dumps that feed a couple canyons and flood downstream all the time. But I think every canyon north of Denver got hit this time. The damage is very widespread from north to south and west to east.

So I feel very fortunate, not everyone has been spared from this. Take care... Scott

Back