coax tops shadetree or farley

I own two

Co-Ax type rests. Although I don't own either of the two you mention, I've done comparisons on all of the co ax rests. The Shadtree rest is really smooth when moving the joy stick. This is very important. If you use a rest that isn't smooth, that last couple of thousands of movement, before getting the exact sight picture you want, is almost agonizing.

Shelley

Be forewarned that the Farley has a 'reversed' action. The crosshairs move opposite the direction you are moving the joy stick. Some people find this natural and others find it distracting.

Be forewarned that the Farley has a 'reversed' action. The crosshairs move opposite the direction you are moving the joy stick. Some people find this natural and others find it distracting.
My new Farley rest (my third one) is not as you describe. Can't remember how the first two were. On this one if I move the joystick right the crosshairs move to the right......I think. :)

I have one of Butch's Shadetree tops and find it to be excellent. It can be used on whatever base you like.

Mike Swartz

My new Farley rest (my third one) is not as you describe. Can't remember how the first two were. On this one if I move the joystick right the crosshairs move to the right......I think. :)

Only the Farley compact rest top works backwards, not the full size Farley.

Another Vote for Shadetree

I have 2 with the boys and I shooting and love them. Butch is great to deal with too! I looked at both the Shadetree and Farley Compact as well as several of the full coaxial rests (Farley included) and just like the feel of the Shadetree best...but I don't think you will be disappointed in any of them that you end up with...

Tom

Back