Charge Master 1500

• Thread starter Johnnie from KY
  • Start date
J

Johnnie from KY

After being out of use since October, I turned on my Charge Master and everything seemed fine. I let it warm up but when I put in the powder charge I want, it starts off really slow and stops before it gets to the assigned weight. I've tried it several times and no matter how long I leave it on or what I do, it does the same thing. Anybody got any suggestions? Thanks. Johnnie

Johnnie
Probably a dumb question...
Have you leveled in 2 directions, as well as calibrated and zero'ed the scale prior to use?
Also, what weight are you throwing?, a light charge?
paul

Johnnie
did you try the speed upgrade? you might go over on accurate shooter and dig up that program to speed it up and see if reprograming turns on the fast cycle. another check might be to make sure that the voltage is correct. low voltage in my trailer make it turn slow. then them call up and ask for don legg [ spelling??] ray

Johnny,
I wish I could tell you how to fix it, but it seems that's above my pay grade. My Chargemaster decided that it didn't want to put numbers on the display that matched the buttons I punched. Then it wouldn't do anything other than return to "calculate" Since it was more than a year old, RBCS wouldn't just give me a new one, but I don't have any complaints. They are sending me a replacement for $45 including shipping.

Rick

Johnnie ...

After being out of use since October, I turned on my Charge Master and everything seemed fine. I let it warm up but when I put in the powder charge I want, it starts off really slow and stops before it gets to the assigned weight. I've tried it several times and no matter how long I leave it on or what I do, it does the same thing. Anybody got any suggestions? Thanks. Johnnie

The easiest one of all. Call the Tech Reps at RCBS and describe your problem! :D

Thanks everybody. I've been out all day and haven't had a chance to try any of this but I will. Let you know what I find out. Johnnie

If the other suggestions don't work call RCBS tech support. Don Legg Jr. will probably be able to get you going by phone.

My first guess though is that the stepping motor that drives the cylinder or the load cell have drawn moisture. If that is the case turning it on and leaving it on for several hours even to 2-3 days may fix it. At least turn it on till you call RCBS Monday.

The one I have

is in it's third year and I have never had a lick of a problem with it BUT a friend recently bought one and had a problem after owning it for a couple of weeks. He called RCBS and they sent him a replacement with instructions to send the old one back in the box that was sent to him. They seem to be good at customer service.

I hear of these problems pretty often.I guess I've been lucky. I've got two. One that was a very early one and one that's about 3 years old. Never a minutes problem from either. --Mike Ezell

Johnnie I would just shoot the SOB, and start dropping charges the old fashion way, earn it?

Dan Honert

Back