Ced m2

Tod Soeby

I got this chrono last year. I finaly got the IR sky screen for it. We have had one thousand days in a row of 100 MPH winds, so I decided to finish my load development after dark......problem is....the damn chrono won't work at night. I thought that since I have the IR setup it would. I have tried calling them to ask, but I have gotten nothing but a machine.

Anyone have the answer for me as to why it won't work in the dark??

Thanks,
Tod

Tod,
They do work in the dark, that is the whole point of the IR screens. In fact it is my experience that you will get better accuracy at night with the IR screens than in the daylight.
Are the LED lights that indicate the unit has power lit? Mine is fussy about the contacts making good contact with each other.

I have the older model but both should be the same, yours is just better;)

James

The little green LED was lit up on both screens. I tried moving the screens up/down/back/forth/....all I got was an error sign flashing

Just as I was finishing up my last post I got a call from CED. I set up the unit, killed the lights, grabbed a hand full of rubber bands,..........and it worked like a charm.:D:mad::eek:. Haven't we all seen that a million times......bring something broken into the shop, and it works like a charm. I see it every day here in the shop with peoples cars. Actualy, I think it is one of Murphys Laws, if I am not mistaken.;)

I do know I had everything hooked up right the other night. I double and tripple checked all the hookups.

Oh well. I will give it another go here in the next couple of nights.

Thanks,
Tod

I have and use occasionally an old CED Millennium with the IR sky screens. Have never had a problem other then a broken connection that I caused but didn't realize it until I took the thing apart and found the problem. The base of the arm, the part that you slide into the sensors has the female plug for the power cord for the sky screens. Inside that plug is where the problem was. That wouldn't have been your problem because you said the green leds were lit. It works fine now.
Good luck with it, I know they can drive you crazy.
vinny

Update

Well....I think we can put this one to bed. I went out last night...till 2am :eek:. Everything worked like a charm. I am sure, even though I double and tripple checked every thing the other night, I had somthing messed up.

Hey, if an airline pilot with thousands of hours of seat time can kill a couple of hundred people due to "human error", I am alowed this one mistake.

RIGHT?!!!??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks,
Tod

Tod,
I got to say I am not sure about your evaluation process, I mean why a guy with a car lot full of vehicles would choose to drive a mini van by choice is beyond me.:D
I suppose a Shelby Mustang wouldn't really be practical either.;)

Glad you got it working.

James

Tod,
I got to say I am not sure about your evaluation process, I mean why a guy with a car lot full of vehicles would choose to drive a mini van by choice is beyond me.:D
I suppose a Shelby Mustang wouldn't really be practical either.;)

Glad you got it working.

James
It's the only car I had at the time that the bank didn't own.....besides...it was going to be my hotel room if someone beat me to the couch or love seat!

Like I said...times are tough.....I need to cut corners some where...and I am not quite to the point where I need to cut back on the shooting and travel....YET.......Maby I can get one of them there Obama type bailouts..:eek:

Back