care and feeding of a chargemaster LITE

retired

ladies and gentlemen,
it has come to my attention, that when filling the reservoir of the LITE,
the position of the drain valve is not really visible.
do not ask me how i know this, but when filling from above, it is true.

i have decided that some sort of visual clue is required so one knows the position of the drain
valve PRIOR to pouring powder in the reservoir.

i applied RED paint to the drain valve od across 180 degrees when in the open position.
when closed, normal rcbs green, but if open blaring red.

i know no one else will ever have this issue, but i thought it best i put this out there
for all to see.
that is all for now,
i have to go sweep powder off my floor

Some good Youtubes

on the accuracy of the new Chargemaster Lite on Youtube. Worth looking at.

Pete

Crying over spilled powder...

A couple years back I got a set of Radians mold-able ear plugs on Amazon. Each part of the material comes in it's own small plastic case. Once I was finished with fitting the ear plugs for my ears I looked at the cases and wondered what I could use them for. One day on my loading bench a light went off in my head, the bottom of the case fits snugly over the regular Chargemaster emptying port. It's the perfect safety cap for preventing accidental spilling of powder. I would venture to guess that its saved me at least two pounds of powder!

Unfortunately the safety cap hasn't prevented me from trying to put powder back into the bottle without taking the top of the powder bottle first... And don't try to tell me you haven't done this before... lol

Thanks
Scott

Chargemaster

When using the chargemaster ,kernels of powder will,inevitably find its way underneath the platen and into the body of the unit. This occasional occurrence can’t be good for internal electronics/functions of the unit.

I have a small 12 volt low power vac that I’ve used to try and vacuum out this spillage. The other suggestion is to disassemble the unit. I prefer the vacuum method.

Any other suggestions other than buying a new one ,if this one crashes .

Glenn

Back