Bumping 10/22

F

f21sh

HELLO GUYS & GAL'S
I'm quick thinking has anyone rechambered 10/22 to a 22WMR and still be able to feed it with std. 10/22 Mags.???? Just looking to get just a bit more. Confession I have not owned a 10/22, however I was offered one in trade I thought maybe if I could change it up.:D

10/22

Yep I looked it up today they did offer it in 22WM the actions were made of steel not aluminum however they discontinued building them. If I'm lucky I may come across a used one someday. THANKS

10/22

Dusty, Iv'e been thinking about this now since my children mistakenly purchased 22WMR(not everything I shoot is a magnum). What would one pay for a ave. - good shape rifle? :cool:

http://ruger1022receiver.3dcartstores.com/Kit-22-WMR-MAGNUM-Receiver-Raw-Aluminum_p_108.html

Why not just build one. Phil at Select Fire has a well respected kit for an 80% 10/22 magnum receiver. Most guys finish these off with drill presses, not too hard a project. Also way cheaper than one of the rare original magnum rugers. Its also got a better recoil system than the original, and no tungsten weight in the bolt to come loose. The trigger is stock 10/22, the stocks are avalible, factory 9 rd mags work, and I've bought 77/22 magnum barrels converted for ~$100 on rimfire central.

Its on my bucket list too. I'm at the pile of parts stage...:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting website. I'd wager there are a lot of Bubba-ed receivers out there... And the finished product can't be sold? No thanks!

Back