Bullet pulling

JonathanK

I am selling a Weatherby rifle to pay for the upcoming benchrest season. I am selling the brass with the rifle, the problem is : some of the cases are loaded and my RCBS impact puller isnt doing the job. I need to get these pulled quickly and dont really have time to wait on a new puller to ship. I was wondering if anyone knows a way to pull bullets without damaging the cases.

Seat them a little deeper to break them loose and then find a plastic mallet with a head that is about 2" in diameter. Grip the handle of the inertial bullet puller lightly with the thumb and index finger of one hand and the mallet handle the same way with the other. Snap the faces of both together with a flick of the wrists to create maximum head speed, so that they meet right in front of you. It is all about head speed. If you make the puller handle a rigid extension of your forearm you will loose significant speed. Think of the wrist break of a golf swing.

Put the case in your presses ram and without any die run the ram up.You can now use pliers or a pair of bush clippers to grab onto the bullet while lowering the ram.The clippers or pliers will stop on the press and the bullet will come right out.
Waterboy

If they're not coming out with the impact hammer, you have to seat them a bit deeper ( as Boyd said ) to break the seal...
However, depending on how they were stored, and if they've been in there long enough, sometimes they just won't come out with any tool.

shoot em!!??

just put em in the gun and pull the trigger....nuthing like shootin ammo that you dont have to re-load..grin....Roger

John Kielly
Once a bullet has been pulled it never goes into a target round again so using rose clippers to hold onto the bullet while it is being removed from the case is not a problem at all.They make good fouling bullets or case forming bullets..
Waterboy

Back