Bullet Jackets

GerryM

Does anyone know whats happening at J4 burger on jacket sales???.

I ordered jackets last December and still i haven't received my order.

I was told by Ryan that the jackets were being run over a month ago and still no jackets. I called to find out whats happening.

The gal that took my order told me that the jackets we not being run yet.

I dont know of anybody thats even tried to get j4 jackets for like 3 yrs. dont know why they even took your order they say theyre in the bullet business not the jacket business.

Does anyone know whats happening at J4 burger on jacket sales???.

I ordered jackets last December and still i haven't received my order.

I was told by Ryan that the jackets were being run over a month ago and still no jackets. I called to find out whats happening.

The gal that took my order told me that the jackets we not being run yet.

Gerry:
I have some J-4's---0.790's if that would help you out.
peterson1@mchsi.com
563-343-5034
CLP

bullet jackets

Thank you for the offer but i need .825 jackets.
I have some sierra .810 .
Gerry

I waited about 10 months for my order that was delivered fall 2015. But that was both 6mm and .22 jackets.

I have heard that they had some tooling issues during the winter, and that delayed everthing.

Sure looks like one need to order a looong time in advance to be sure to get any...

Bullet jackets

I understand tooling issues but why.

Are they in house tooling?

A million dollar facility should no be having tooling problems.

Bullet jackets

yes Lee I asked Stecker if I should cancel my order.

I have no idea why they even took the order if they have no intentions of filling it.

I have used Jeff,s jackets and I have hear the prices dropped THey are the same as Barts. Hines .tactical.

Hines are a straight wall jacket and very good specs are .0003 run out. Sierras that I have >810 run out .0002 J4 that i had was even less on this last lot.

Last edited:
I understand tooling issues but why.

Are they in house tooling?

A million dollar facility should no be having tooling problems.

What does a facilities size have to do with tooling problems? We all have some tooling problems from time to time.
Why don't you go ahead and get more on order and maybe you will be good to go next time.

Bullet jackets

I think 21,000 should tie me over for a while.

That said I would make bullets for others but Jacket supplies prevent it.

Jacket prices are pretty high considering production cost.

a few years ago jacket s were not available or did some people forget?.

Bullet jackets

No But I have done a production analysis on product , cost, set up ,equipment cost material costs labor cost etc.

Not to mention marketing.

I was serious at one time on getting into producing bullet jackets on a small scale starting with the smaller calibers.

Its not rocket science'''

No But I have done a production analysis on product , cost, set up ,equipment cost material costs labor cost etc.

Not to mention marketing.

I was serious at one time on getting into producing bullet jackets on a small scale starting with the smaller calibers.

Its not rocket science'''

I investigated it many years ago. It ain't rocket science, but probably beyond your expertise.

Thats good. I seen 2 start up now that already had the right equipment. I know ill never have the money to do it!

Back