we had some lot numbers posted in a thread on the comp forum
mike in co

Imr 8208 xbr

At the present time, I believe there is only one lot
of the new powder out, that being lot # 4798 as indicated by
the last 4 digits in the labled number. Is this correct, or does anyone
have a different number ?

FYI,

At this time there are 2 lots being tested in the H-Town area lot #4736 and all of the 8's are lot #4773.

Jackie has been testing the new 8208 for quite some time and the 1lber (lot#4736) he received from Lester has out performed the 8lbers (lot #4773).

jackie schmidt
Super Moderator Join Date: Feb 2003

Kevin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are some small stamped numbers on the label, 581 308 4736.

Under the bar code are the numbers 54486 08201.

The usual orange tag on the bottom was not there.......jackie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by jackie schmidt; 12-15-2009 at 10:51 AM.

Here in Pa we have two lots at this time.........4736 (1lb.) and 4798 (8lb.)

Lot #s

Now ya see,
This is why we need someone( engineer,chemist,spokesperson{spokesmodel},etc) inside the powder company( or bullet company,or brass company,or action company,or barrel company,or steel mill) telling us what is going on in regard to their products and how they feel it will impact us,the shooters (consumers).We can surmise or guess all we want but it is just conjecture, nothing more.
I don't understand why there is this "black hole" of information,it's not like "we" are gonna make primers or powder or bullet jackets in our bathtubs and steal market share ?
Joel

Last edited:
Mebby they are making it = = =

in 100 Kilo batches :eek: :D. That-a-way they can get all'yall to tell them which one works best OR perhaps, like early rumers hinted, it is a bunch of powder they have had around that doesn't exactly fit anywhere else ;)

New 8208XBR vs N-133

Here is some information that I think you guys might find interesting.

I have shot N-133 for years at an average of 29.2 grs. Since N-133 can be "difficult," I was anxious to try some of the new 8208XBR, and purchased lots 4736 and 4798. N-133 at 29.2 grs comes halfway up the neck in my 6 PPC. It took 31.2 grs. of both lots of XBR to come to the same level, which means load density was identical.

Next, I chronographed each, and the velocities were as follows:

N-133 @ 29.2 grs. = average 3340 fps
Lot 4736 @ 31.2 grs. = average 3371 fps
Lot 4798 @ 31.2 grs. = average 3393 fps

The temperature was a steady 55 degrees with 50% humidity.

Even with "untuned" loads of 8208XBR, I got less vertical and better groups than with N-133 right off the bat. Of the XBR loads, lot 4798 produced tighter groups than 4736.

Just thought I'd throw this in for discussions sake.

MBrenner

Last edited by a moderator:
Back