Bridgeville 600yd Match

B

BMF

I would like to thank Richard, Bud, George and Mr. Parker as well as the pitt crew for an outstanding season of 600yd shooting. The food at those matches were better than i could have bought at a restaurant. Well we had our last 2 matches this past weekend for the season. I am going to start to call guys like Larry Morrison and Norm Wright the Bus Drivers because they sure took me to school this weekend. You will see what i mean when they post the results on the IBS site. The conditions this weekend was sunny and alot of mirage unless you were shooting a 6x scope. The wind was strong and shifty as usual. I don't have Norm's performance from Sunday yet other than he is the 2008-2009 Bridgeville Light gun Shooter of the Year, But i have Larry's. His target in order #1- 1.9" for 49pts #2- 2.3" for 45pts #3- 1.7" for 48 #4- 1.4" for 50. Very well done. Even my brother Joe gave me a smackdown this weekend. I think he's starting to get serious about pounding me. I want to thank all the shooters for coming out to support the game. Read up on the rules and range commands because we are going to need your help next year. Remember in Aug is a warm-up match and sept is the start of the new season. We got all summer to practice up for the Bridgeville SOY in LG, HG and 2 gun titles.

Congrats to Hal Drake who took everyone to school on Sat and then came on home to Fairfax to help with the last winter league match and he won that too. That boys tough, Steve

Soy

Congrats to the Bridgeville Rifle Club 600 yard Shooters of the year.

Light Gun---Norm Wright
Heavy Gun---Brian Fox
Two Gun---Brian Fox

It was decided at the last match. Thank You to the whole range crew who did a great job again this year. When you can get people to travel 5 hours each month to shoot, you are doing something right.

Can't wait till next season, till then we will shoot the groundhog matches.

Jubba
Western Pa Long Range Groundhog Match
Home of the "Worlds' Groundhog Championship" Sept 26 & 27
www.southforkrifleclub.com

Yes a great many thanks are in order to the folks at Bridgeville, Richard, Bud for running the matches and excellent food. Mr Parker always has the pullers lined up and Mark I believe in the scoring room and Lisa helping with registration and emailing. I think more shooters are willing to help but like myself were afraid they would mess something up. I agree a litte study of the rules is probably in order and at least I would feel more confident. I did have a blast all year. Brian needs to take a bow too he calls the line, chairs the safety meeting and he's always ready for some comic relief. :D He is an ambassidor to the sport in the highest order. Thanks for making the newer guys feel welcome.
Larry

Yeah,

What he said. I shot my first IBS match there with these wonderfull people. Gettin, my hip done and comin' back in the fall. Learned a lot and had lots of fun. The people runnung this thing can not be thanked enough.THESE PEOPLE GO OUT OF THIER WAY TO MAKE NEW PEOPLE WELCOME AND ARE VERY HELPFULL. I especially like the attention to range protocall. Don't see it everywhere, especially to the degree that Bridgeville exhibits.
LASER

Back