Brady Knight Memorial-SER Regional - Jeff Summers wins 4 gun, Steve Lee 2&3 gun

Steve Lee

It was quite a week at River Bend. The first Brady Knight Memorial was a memorable shoot with tough competition, new SE Region Hall of Fame inductees and lots of good food and companionship.

Thursday morning was Unlimited 200. Matt Owens used a rail gun borrowed from Jeff Graves to win with a .2138 agg (and incidentally kick Jeff's butt...no good deed goes unpunished!). Jeff Summers took second with .2290 and Terry Leonard won third with .2442.

In the afternoon Tim Singleton, Jeff Summers, Billy Stevens and Don Hardeman battled it out in Sporter 200. Tim brought home the win with a .1949 agg. Jeff Summers shot .2072 for second and Billy Stevens took third with .2088.

Friday morning was Unlimited 100. Don Hardeman shot a potential World Record agg of .1764 as well as matching the world record 10 shot group size of .097. I managed to reverse my poor 200 yard performance and take second with a .2098. Jeff Summers was close behind to take third with a .2104.

Friday afternoon Gary Sullivan shot an outstanding .1760 to take first place with Buddy Ross taking second (.1994) and Tim Singleton taking third (.2004).

Saturday morning in Light Varmint 100 Jeff Summers was on fire shooting .1692. Scott Mims shot a very nice .1774 for second and I managed .1880 to take third.

Saturday afternoon in Heavy Varmint 100 Buddy Ross shot an outstanding .1860 to win his 10th SER Hall of Fame point. Congratulations to Buddy for getting into the HOF. Jeff Summers shot .1932 to take second with Tim Singleton close behind at .1944.

Sunday morning in Heavy Varmint 200 I managed to shoot .1675 to take the win and end a 1-1/2 year dry spell. Billy Stevens and I were battling it out but I shot the better group at the end. Billy shot .1995 to take second and Tim Singleton (that name keeps coming up) shot .2236 for third.

Sunday afternoon in Light Varmint 200 Roger Avery led the way shooting .2330 to take the win and also win his 10th Hall of Fame point. Congratulations to Roger for getting into the HOF. Matt Owens shot .2426 to take second with Jeff Summers close behind taking third with .2441.

Jeff Summers won Unlimited Grand, Tim Singleton won Sporter Grand, Jeff Summers won Light Varmint Grand and I took Heavy Varmint Grand.

Jeff Summers won the Iron Man Four Gun Grand. I managed to take Two Gun and Three Gun Grands.

Jim Andress and River Bend Gun Club put on an outstanding shoot! Charlie and Cheryl Hood as always kept everyone fed providing delicious barbeque for lunch each day. Thursday night was spaghetti night and Saturday night Jim did a low country boil that Brady would have been proud of.

It was great to see Diane and Scott Knight both Saturday and Sunday. Diane and Scott took care of handing out the rewards, and Diane finally got tired of all the hugs she was getting from the winners.

This was a shoot to remember and all of us are looking forward to next year.

Steve Lee

Attachments

• 2016 Brady Knight Memorial-SER Championship.xls
    134 KB · Views: 148
  • 2016 Brady Knight Memorial-SER Championship.pdf
    468.1 KB · Views: 279
Always a good match. Thanks to everyone for what they did for us shooters. Some of the nicest people I have meet. The food was great, the target crew did a very great job, Jim and the rest of river bend held a great match, frank Parker let me have a couch to sleep on and got to see some friends. Not a bad week..... Other than my shooting most of the time ? Can't wait till the shamrock. Thanks again to everyone scared to try and name everyone that did things for us don't want to leave anyone out

Also good shooting to everyone and a special congrats to roger avery and buddy ross for getting in the SER HOF

Last edited:
Congratulations to Jeff and Steve. You fought off some very stiff competition and ended up on top. There was some great shooting there and Brady would have loved to have been in the mix. James Mock

Congrats

Yes,, congratulations to all the winners and runners up. Thank you Steve for the play by play and stats.. I hadn't heard any mention of the Memorial Trophy Wilbur made for the 1st Annual Brady Knight Memorial Shoot,, or how the shooters liked it. I would especially like to know if Dianne and Scott were pleased w/ shoot and the trophy.

Also like to say " That Jeff Summers is a BAD MAN"

I would especially like to know if Dianne and Scott were pleased w/ shoot and the trophy.

Also like to say " That Jeff Summers is a BAD MAN"

Jeff Summers is indeed a "BAD MAN". He used an unlimited barrel he pulled out of his barrel pile to win Unlimited Grand. I was loading next to him and he kept saying he had rarely had a rail barrel shoot that good.

Diane and Scott loved the trophies and thoroughly enjoyed visiting with everyone. Glen Nelson took home the special Brady trophy.

I was extremely happy to win the Brady special award for finishing last. Brady was looking down on me and laughing.

Back