Brady Kinght Memorial / SE Regional 4-Gun Match Schedule

Copied and edited a little....

River Bend Gun Club Benchrest presents the 1st Annual Brady Knight Memorial Tournament, Thursday September 8, 2016 through Sunday September 11, 2016

518 River Bend Gun Club Rd. Dawsonville, GA 30534 770-893-3502

email - benchrest@rbgc.org
website - www.rbgc.org

Covered loading area, indoor toilets, showers, 30A camper hookups with water

Match Fee: $50/day Camping Fee: $10/night

Since this is a Brady Knight Memorial, the club will provide spaghetti supper Wednesday night, and a Lo Country Boil on Saturday night. Charlie and Cheryl Hood will be there as well so you know they’ll be good lunches!

Bonus: This is also the Southeast Region 4-Gun Championship!

Range will be available for practice beginning 9:00AM Tuesday September 6th; campers should not plan to arrive before late Monday afternoon.

Schedule:
Tuesday 9/06 9:00AM Practice & Registration

Wednesday 9/07 8:00AM Practice & Registration
9/07 3:00PM UL/SP Bench assignment
9/07 6:00PM Spaghetti supper

Thursday 9/08 8:00AM UL 200 AM – SP 200 PM
9/08 3:00PM 100 yard setup

Friday 9/09 8:00AM UL 100 AM – SP 100 PM
9/09 3:00PM LV/HV Bench assignment

Saturday 9/10 8:00AM LV 100 AM – HV 100 PM
9/10 3:00PM 200 yard setup
9/10 6:00PM Lo Country Boil supper

Sunday 9/11 8:00AM HV 200 AM – LV 200 PM

Well, which??

"Regional Unlimited Championship Tournaments shall be five "10 shot" groups at 100 yards, and five "10 shot groups" at 200 yards.

I am assuming this is the SE Region Unlimited Championship.

This is a Match I would love to go to. I went to the one that Rachel's Glen put a number of years ago.

Georgia is so darned far away.

You must be from Southeast region to win this event according to SE region rules. No one from outside of SE Region can win the regional. I always thought this was negative for participation from outside of the region. I think this should be advertised as I would hate to drive from outside of region shoot well and then find out you cannot win the SE regional due to SE region rules.

Jim

Just to make sure people understand what Jim is trying to say you can win this no matter where you are from. You just don't win SER hall of fame points if you are not from the SE. At least that's the way I remember unless it has changed

Last edited:
I remember some years back when this discussion came up. The SE Region has their own HOF, and you have to be a member of that Region to garner points. Most of the discussion centered around what happenned if a shooter moved out of the Region.

It has nothing to do with participation in Registered NBRSA Matchs, which by the NBRSA rules, states that any member in good standing can participate in, and win.

"Regional Unlimited Championship Tournaments shall be five "10 shot" groups at 100 yards, and five "10 shot groups" at 200 yards....This is a Match I would love to go to....Georgia is so darned far away.

As I read rule 13.d on page 23, it appears that the Match Director can elect to shoot five-shot groups.

Jackie, why don't you and Dale Metzger try to come together -- he seems to enjoy coming to GA to shoot.

As I read rule 13.d on page 23, it appears that the Match Director can elect to shoot five-shot groups.

Jackie, why don't you and Dale Metzger try to come together -- he seems to enjoy coming to GA to shoot.

I haven't got a hard copy of the latest rule book, I was going by what is on line here, (37), and it's revisions. I have been told this is not up to date.

We talked about this in our meeting at last years championship match. If guys wanted to travel that far to shoot the match they should recieve the points. I think the vote on the spot was all for this. But I don't know what came of that. Maybe Wayne can answer

Last edited:
Remember

as i recall we voted to allow anyone to join us and if you out shoot us you win. I do not remember any discussion of S.E. Regional points. However this is a question for the director or Sect. of Region. Jim: Come on down! If you out shoot us - you win! Good Luck in that

The members of the Southeast Region voted that if you do not live in the region you don't get HOF points - that's all. You can win everything else! I could be wrong about that but don't think so.

That said, I'm not sure that's a good idea since HOF points are just HOF points...rather inexpensive points to say the least. The regional members should take an official re-vote on that deal! Not saying that I disagree with the SER members at all but this gets to be a "no never minder" if you think about it for 20 years.

We talked about this in our meeting at last years championship match. If guys wanted to travel that far to shoot the match they should recieve the points. I think the vote on the spot was all for this. But I don't know what came of that.

as i recall we voted to allow anyone to join us and if you out shoot us you win. I do not remember any discussion of S.E. Regional points.

The members of the Southeast Region voted that if you do not live in the region you don't get HOF points - that's all. You can win everything else!

As I recall, there was discussion about having to be a SER member to win SER Shooter of the Year; I don't recall any discussion about HOF points. According to this link, http://www.nbrsa.org/Southeast-Region, there is no residency requirement for HOF points, and the list of those who have SER HOF points shows at least two SER non-residents.

OK...I'll say that I don't know what I'm talking about here. We need to have a meeting to settle it for the moment. Hunter is probably right...I think he still has enough brain left to be right. :)

To help with the confusion

Two years ago there was a discussion, and there was a vote to rescind the SE Region residency requirements for HOF points. It passed unanimously. Anyone, as long as they were a member of the NBRSA could win the SER Championship, NOW, they can earn SER HOF Points also.
The SE Region Hall of Fame Criteria along with a list of members and point recipients can be found on the SE Region Blog.

Jeff

Back